Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S ipod interface

Skittle

Anyone had a prob with oem ipod interface, just purchased new C4S Gen 1 with an oem ipod interface, all the time I hear a background hisss – any ideas? :?: Also no control from the pcm!

If this is the Mk1 C4s then I believe this is because the iPod interface fitted by Porsche is basically an FM tuner based device and therefore not integrated into the PCM properly.

Also this will explain the background noise.

I was advised against purchasing this on my 997 Turbo that I bought earlier this year.

pookey said:
If this is the Mk1 C4s then I believe this is because the iPod interface fitted by Porsche is basically an FM tuner based device and therefore not integrated into the PCM properly.

Also this will explain the background noise.

Correct.

The OEM iPod interface is nothing more than an expensive Griffin iTrip (lousy at best).

The best way to integrate an iPod is with the mObridge that offers fibre optic connectivity and digital sound clarity. The mObridge allows you to control the iPod via the PCM interface.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back