Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Independents in Richmond/Twickenham area?

toyracer

From reading the warranty thread, it got me thinking about the financials if renewed warranties are going up to around £1400. Anybody got any experience (or know any) independents around the above area? I see RSJ Sportscars are in Slough (from an ad. on here) - anything closer?

My 997 is 3 years old, and I intend to keep it for a few years..

Cheers!

Ian

Charles Ivey near Putney bridge station only one I can think of.

I've been looking myself as above Charles Ivey are closest, I haven't had to use an Indy yet however I'm already planning on using Northway in Reading if I have to get work done on my 993.

RSJ in Slough, GT-One in Chertsey, and Northway all have good reputations and well regarded.
Charles Ivey, never heard a good word, but never heard a bad word, if you know what I mean...

I'm in Barnes and I use RGA in Vauxhall. I've used them for years and highly recommend them.

Edited to add not for a 997 (I have a 993) though they had a 997 turbo on the ramps for a clutch when I was there last week. I asked them to drop the engine into mine as they had it out but they wouldn't do it for some reason ...

Personally, Charles Ivey was the closest and I regretted going there, PM me if you want details. I have heard good things about Chelsea Carrera and GTOne.

SMTK probably has a suggestion, Simon?

LOJO

Tertius said:
I'm in Barnes and I use RGA in Vauxhall. I've used them for years and highly recommend them.

Edited to add not for a 997 (I have a 993) though they had a 997 turbo on the ramps for a clutch when I was there last week. I asked them to drop the engine into mine as they had it out but they wouldn't do it for some reason ...

I'm in Clapham and used RGA once on my 996. Lovely guy, and I reckon he really knows his stuff mechanically, but I wouldnt use him for a 996/997. Speciality is 993 and older IMHO.

I wish there was someone really near us SW London folk. Click here for a google map with some of the better SW London Indy's on it.

I live a few hundred yards from RGA, and like the previous poster I would only really be happy with them working on 993 and older, and front engine cars.

I work in Richmond, and I'm thinking of taking my car (Mk1 996) to Camtune (where I bought it from), when they move closer to London. I don't remember exactly where they're moving to, but I think it was cose enough.

Not sure I agree with the previous two posters - I have a 993 but I reckon Bob is now seeing more 9x6 models than anything else, quite apart from anything else there are just more of them about. I've seen GT3 RSs there several times and as I say there was a 997 turbo having a clutch last week.

He also looks after some amazing older stuff - he had the Ruf BTR that's currently for sale at eporsch in recently, so I had a good chat with him about that.

(To be clear no connection just a very satisfied customer.)

Tertius said:
Not sure I agree with the previous two posters - I have a 993 but I reckon Bob is now seeing more 9x6 models than anything else, quite apart from anything else there are just more of them about. I've seen GT3 RSs there several times and as I say there was a 997 turbo having a clutch last week.

He also looks after some amazing older stuff - he had the Ruf BTR that's currently for sale at eporsch in recently, so I had a good chat with him about that.

Really? Fair enough. My experience was from 3yrs ago with an electrical fault that in fairness required a lot of work by No.5 Garage (who I would recommend highly for anyone near ealing by the way!). I guess I was swayed by the fact RGA is under some railway arches, is pretty filthy, and every 993 there was not in tiptop condition.

I would love it if RGA could do my work as I am 1km from them. I think I will let them deal with mechanical stuff and see how that goes. For tricky electrical/diagnostic stuff I would be interested to know if they have the Porsche diagnostic tool yet, as they didnt when I was last there.

Go the other way to Peter Tognola in Datchet , old fashioned and very experienced been at all Pork for years .............miss all the traffic and walk acroos the road to train straight into Waterloo, small hint Charles Ivey has had nothing to do with the Company bearing his prestigious name for years !

wagonface said:
Tertius said:

Really? Fair enough. My experience was from 3yrs ago with an electrical fault that in fairness required a lot of work by No.5 Garage (who I would recommend highly for anyone near ealing by the way!). I guess I was swayed by the fact RGA is under some railway arches, is pretty filthy, and every 993 there was not in tiptop condition.

I would love it if RGA could do my work as I am 1km from them. I think I will let them deal with mechanical stuff and see how that goes. For tricky electrical/diagnostic stuff I would be interested to know if they have the Porsche diagnostic tool yet, as they didnt when I was last there.

Well its certainly true it is not the most salubrious of locations ... no OPC receptionists or cups of coffee with Bob.

Re. the diagnostics - I don't know, I'd ask him.

Edited to add: actually on reflection I'm pretty sure he does have the diagnostics (a least up to the 996). Still worth asking though.

Thanks - he's about to get some business from me (fit mufflers & heat shield, coil pack heat shield), so will chat to him then and see what he can do. Fingers crossed, cos he is 1.1miles from my house, which would be so convenient.

wagonface said:
Thanks - he's about to get some business from me (fit mufflers & heat shield, coil pack heat shield), so will chat to him then and see what he can do. Fingers crossed, cos he is 1.1miles from my house, which would be so convenient.

Excellent: tell him I recommended him (Daniel, LHD blue 993) and he needs to do a good job ... ;)

not an Indy

but opening in Nov will be a new OPC service centre in Weybridge, Surrey (SW of London)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back