Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Cab...Under £40k?

highway

Mexico City
Thanks to this period of enconomic grief and the depreciation its causing to top end cars, I wonder how long till a 997 (S) or standard cab, dips under £40k in a private sale?

I used to think only a coupe would do. However, I borrowed an S Cab (with PSE) for a 48 hr test drive and came away massively impressed. No scuttle shake, awesome noise and a really engaging drive. I'm a big lover a roofless cars and have owned both 986 and 987 S Boxsters. The cabs back seat would be useful as well.

Anyway, I dont want a tip, Bose and heated seats a must. Flexible on colour. I know the base 997's aren't popular in the trade and the S is losing £1k a month, so assuming the crunch tightens is a £40k budget going to get one (not a Cat D-sub 20k)?

lol - you're not going to get many people on here replying to that question - too upsetting! :very sad:

I paid close to that from an OPC (plus PSE) - so to answer your question, not far off, but remember people aren't going to give them away!

As you know the prices dipped but OPC's have put them back up a tad.

Not long on the private market if people can afford to sell them at that - that is.

Not long! :eek:

On Top Marques...

PORSCHE 911 S 2dr [997] Carrera Cabriolet

2005PORSCHE 911 S 2dr [997] Carrera Cabriolet 33,000 miles, 997S 3.8 carrera cabriolet. UK car. cobalt blue metallic with dark blue full leather interior.great specification to include sport chrono package, porsche switchable sports exhaust, PSM.porsche communication management system (PCM) SAT nav telephone and CD.19"sportdesign alloys, adaptive sports seats with heating and memory function. aluminium look centre console. 6 speed manual with porsche sports shift.xenons with washers. dark blue hood. full porsche main dealer service history with extended porsche warranty which includes porsche assist recovery. tracker horizon. 1 previous owner. great value for an 05 997s cab at £40k!! cost over £80k new. colour combination looks great in the flesh, a little different from black or silver. please, please no more timewasters. £40,000.

That's been on for a while, and started at £46k.

My thoughts were:
-Cobalt blue is an unusual colour
-lack of Bose

Not sure that's enough for it to not sell at £40k!

There are always exceptions obviously - maybe condition of the car has put buyers off when they have seen it?? Not that I have even seen a picture of it - just in my experience, the cheapest car on the market is not always the one to buy :?:

speedy_un said:

My thoughts were:
-lack of Bose

Cobalt would be my No. 1 colour choice!

Bose is not the end of the World - the rest of the spec looks good to me :)

But then, I don't DO ragtops...

Mmm, that one looks very tempting to me :)

Must resist, just wonder how much I could get for HD1......I have to say I really like cobalt too......

speedy_un said:

My thoughts were:
-lack of Bose

If the Bose is an issue, then get an aftermarket system installed. I must say I'm not blown away by the Bose in mine - it's good with some music, but then seems strained with others. Good job it likes the 70s and 90s rock I stick through it ;-)

40k sounds like a fine buy to me...

It's just the bit where he says 'please no more timewasters'.

At that price, the car should sell easily, especially with that spec so maybe a few have viewed but bad condition????

Mmmm, I thought that too Jamie, wonder if there is more to it than meets the eye :?

Does look nice though but I'm all cashed out having bought Leon......

997 Cab at 40K

The car has been an Insurance write off. Repaired, obviously but caveat emptor as always!

speedy_un said:

My thoughts were:
-lack of Bose

And what's so wrong with Cobalt, hmmmm? :wack:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back