Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some help for a newbie!!!

Dougindevon

Hello everyone,

I am looking at buying a used 997 ideally a C2S what options should i be looking for that are must haves. I leaning towards the manual gearbox, is the tiptronic worth a look?

When i am out looking at cars is there anything i should look out for in terms of known problems?

Any advice would be really appreciated, a porsche has been my dream since i was 4 now i am 27 and it might be reality but i dont want to make any rookie mistakes.

Thanks

Firstly, lucky you, I had to add nearly 20 years to your age before my first Porsche! I like the tiptronic box a lot. I have had auto's for a very long time now (mixture of laziness, and a lot of town work) and the Porsche is one of the better ones. Responds fast and the little rocker switches on the steering wheel for manual changes work a treat. I always think the main thing with these cars are not the kit (they usually have what you need) but the colour (inside and out). But whatever you get, don't worry, you will fall in love with it!

Thanks Markf,

To think i could own my dream car is a bit mind blowing... I am looking at seal grey for the colour with a black interior although i have looked at one with a tan interior which looked pretty good. Definitely going to get the turbo alloys though!

hi, I wanted a 911 since i was 8(scalextric fan) i took the plunge with a 2005 997 4s and have just upgraded to the new next gen pdk c2s(its amazing!!!)
Just a tip, the 997 turbo wheels dont like scuffs!! should you kerb it or something it is apparently impossible to make them good. You also cant have coloured wheel centres should you choose to do so. Good luck with the hunt and be sure to post some pics as as poss :thumb: Mottle

Dougindevon said:
I am looking at seal grey for the colour with a black interior !

SNAP

Here's how mine looks, click on my garage (link on the left of this post) for more pics and I agree with Mottle about the turbo wheels

Clive

Thanks for the tips guys... your cars look amazing. I drove the new C2s with the pdk box at Porsches silverstone base and was blown away by how good it was. Definately something to aim for in the future.

I got a Seal Grey 997 C2 with Cocoa interior in Feb - I was dubious at first, but loved it as soon as I saw it in the flesh (used, OPC). A really warm colour, and I like that it's a bit unusual. I wouldn't worry about the combo too much from a resale point of view unless you only plan short ownership. As long as you like it, surely that's the main thing!

A note on these "essentials" etc., I was told by dealers that Nav and 19" rims were the must haves for resale, but mine was already cheaper not having those, and frankly was exactly what I wanted. All i wanted was a Sunroof, Bose speakers and Park Sensors (London) - got that, and that's me happy!

I've had 8 months of pleasure from it - a phenomenal car. Go for it...

:welcome:

great choice of car ! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back