Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying Options

997 buying

I'm interested in buying an 06 or 07 997 Carrera S. I saw one loaded with a few options like:
PCM Satellite Navigation, PCM Telephone Module,19" Carrera Classic Alloy Wheels,Sports Exhaust System,Heated Front Seats,Park Assist, Bose Sound System, Cruise Control, Rear Centre Console in Polar Silver, Instrument Dials in Carrara White,Coloured Crested Wheel Centres, VTS Porsche Tracking System.

I've changed from BMW's M3 as I think this marque has lost its way.

What price would you think this would be worth from a main dealer?

Any advice on what to look out for would be appreciated.

Or mine!! 07 car.

And if you like either of our cars, in answer to your question - private sale, erm about £60,000 would be reasonable!

Hope this helps

On a serious note, if you are planning to finance, feel free to pick up the phone to me to have a chat about the figures and the car itself. I know 997's pretty well.

Jamie said:
Or mine!! 07 car.

And if you like either of our cars, in answer to your question - private sale, erm about £60,000 would be reasonable!

Hope this helps

On a serious note, if you are planning to finance, feel free to pick up the phone to me to have a chat about the figures and the car itself. I know 997's pretty well.

I've still got you lined up Jamie for my next. ;)

Got my car at last. Polar silver 2007 Carrera S loaded with extras from main dealer. What a fantastic GT car. I had a Caymen S for a few days and was surprised how good it was but for me not an everyday car. Too harsh.

I'm a Porsche convert

Congrats on the car and welcome :thumbs: you'll love it!!

Well guys I picked up my car as stated previously. Just received the logbooks through the post and to say I'm disapointed would be an understatement!
The car is an 07 Carrera 2S with one owner and 20,000 miles.
The mileage seemed quite high but I was assured it was a local car driven motorway miles only.
To my horror it turns out the car was an ex hire car with a rent a supercar company.
You can imagine how the car has been driven!!
After only 2 weeks of ownership the car is showing signs of abuse.
It is difficult to start from cold.
Ist and 2nd gear are very hard to engage.
There seems to be excessive play in the steering.
It feels kind of wooly, like bushes are worn.
The engine ticks and rattles.
This is not what I expected from a Porsche main dealer and after spending nigh on 60 grand, I'm rather peeeed off!
What can I do?
I have already complained and they say they will work someting out but nothing has happened so far.
I'm thinking off getting my Solicitor involved and rejecting the car due to misdescribing it.

Jesus, not good.

I'd reject it personally. I have rejected a car before and it's painful, well it was for me, however, I kept hold of the car whilst negotiating and this is not the thing to do.

Give them it back with a letter from the solicitor rejecting the car and you either want a replacement or your money back.

Don't hang around, the longer you take the worse it gets...

Sorry to hear this I really am. :(

Slippery customers

Seems to be a common tactic from main dealers.
Has happened to me twice (once caught I should have been wiser the second time).
In both cases I asked the dealer to see the V5 - they said it had been sent off to remove a cherished number plate) - but the car - and this is telling 'was as far as they knew not used as a hire car'. So I did the deal

In both cases when I finally got my hands on the V5 the previous owner was a hire company.

When challenged the dealers in both cases clamed up became very unhelpful - the above sentence was reiterated as was 'well buyer beware'.

Fortunately low value cars (Ford and VW) but it erked me for the whole period of ownership.

Now if all the paperwork is not perfect V5/service history I just walk away!

I don't think "buyer beware" is an adequate defence from a dealer as you are covered by sale of goods act. A history as a hire car is a material fact that would have affected your decision to purchase, and I believe that you have a right to expect that a car sold by an Official Porsche Centre would be 'blue chip'.

I may be wrong, but every time I've filled in a disclosure form when p-xing a car I've had to declare that the car, to my knowledge, has not been hired. They'd know who they bought the car off, and they decided not to tell you.

I'd write to the dealer principal as soon as possible, copying Andy Goss the MD at Porsche GB in, say that you are rejecting the car setting out the reasons why, but giving them the chance to find you an identically specced car to replace it. If you can, don't use the car until you have resolved the matter- perhaps suggest that the dealer supplies you with a courtesy car until the matter is resolved.

It will count against it when you come to sell, and you should be compensated.

What a nightmare, and it should be a dream.

Bmonty - I feel gutted for you :pc: . What a bad bad start to Porsche ownership when it should be one of the happiest times of your life. I'll second all of the above comments and indeed, you can legally reject the car under the Sale of Goods Act banner. Please can you tell us who the OPC is that sold you the car? This should be a warning to the rest of us....it never even occurred to me that an OPC could and would sell an ex-hire car which by definition would have been used and abused. It's not a £60k car in my opinion, more like £50k at tops.

~ Maxie

BMonty

First of all sorry to hear this.

I would ask for a Big Whack taken off if not you will go to local press, national press etc etc

name and shame the OPC and a few phone calls from a few Porsche boys asking if they sell ex Hire Cars might make them realise they have been naughty

Was the Hire company P1 ?

I'm sorry to hear this...

As others have said - don't drive it and demand your money back.

I would speak to the Office of Fair Trading if you meet any resistance at all, as in my book, if they told you it was "local", "one owner car" with "motorway miles" mostly, they have deliberately deceived you. That may or may not be technically correct, but it implies that it has been cared for and driven sensitively.

To be honest, I'm amazed that the hire company is named as the registered keeper: Maybe things have changed since I was selling cars, but I recall that most hire companies registered their cars in either a private individual's name, or a completely anonymous company name.

I am shocked that a main dealer has done this... They have no defence as they must have seen the log book, even if they bought it from an auction or something! (If not, they are negligent when they bought it!)

Maxie Islam said:
Bmonty - I feel gutted for you :pc: . What a bad bad start to Porsche ownership when it should be one of the happiest times of your life. I'll second all of the above comments and indeed, you can legally reject the car under the Sale of Goods Act banner. Please can you tell us who the OPC is that sold you the car? This should be a warning to the rest of us....it never even occurred to me that an OPC could and would sell an ex-hire car which by definition would have been used and abused. It's not a £60k car in my opinion, more like £50k at tops.

~ Maxie

Nothing wrong with a main dealer selling a hire car - as long as it is priced accordingly and they are completely transparent about it (and prepared to warranty it of course!)

Don't accept money off!!!! Your case will be lost if you do, as the argument will be about the price alone, and there are no laws determining the price that a dealer sells a car for!

However, there are laws about deceiving customers, and you only have a case if you would not have bought the car at any price had you known it was a hire car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back