Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint shield or not??

mottle

hi everyone, my gen 2 997 will be arriving early october and im wondering about having the front end protected. Have any of you guys used paintshield? is it any good? can you wax and polish the car to the same standard? any help would be appreciated. ttfn. :thumb:

I have both of mine done.

The new film they are using is very good gives the car that waxed look even if is not. I have to wax the rest of the car so it matches :lol:

If you mainly drive in the city then i dont think paint sheild is worth it. But if you drive allot of country roads or long motorway journeys then it will save you its cost in a front end respray.

One thing i did notice is that dark colours orange peeling seems more evident. But then my black car was done with the older film.

hi smtk

I live in the country where i use a lot of b roads to get anywhere. So it would seem useful to me? Do you still wax and polish the whole car as normal? i use zymol wax is that ok? Sorry for the questions :? but if you dont ask you wont know!!! :p cheers

Yes you can still wax the car afterwards (its actually good for the film to have a coat of wax)

The thing with B roads is you often get allot of crap dumped (tractors and the annoying practice of Surface dressing) on them plus they are narrow so there plenty of bits flicked up by your self and other road users.

Normal cars seem to fair better but the low nose of a sports car tends to attract more stone chips.

Its down to you if you want to get it. For me it cost about the same as a front end respray and the front of the car looks good all year round.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back