Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pulled over within 4 hours of collecting my TT....

David M

Spa-Francorchamps
Fortunately not for speeding but because the car was showing with no Insurance :eek: .

Had all the documents in the car with me but almost soiled my pants when the flashing blue lights came up behind me as I had been testing the aerodynamics just a few minutes earlier :D .

Oh....the car is awesome :)

Pleased your ok...

So, what was the day like.. ?

Daniel said:
Pleased your ok...

So, what was the day like.. ?

Thanks....the days was..well..expensive :floor:

I must say that my local OPC were very good with the sale (still may not use them for service :?: ). They did valet the car and gave it a free Supagard treatment. Sorted out the VTS, tax and petrol as part of the deal.

Completely had me over on my 996TT in PX but expected.

The level of change in the interior over 4 years is phenominal. The interior is very modern and comfortable. Spent quite while trying to synchronise the HomeLink with my garage doors before finding out that they weren't compatible and I need some more hardware but could have found that out if I had actually looked.

The Tip is fun and very flexible. With the manual override the acceleration feels much better and smoother than the 996 even with the Revo remap. Acceleration from a standing start is amazing :bandit: .

The ride is softer than the 996 which is another reason for the change. My 2003 TT used to rattle over relatively smooth roads and the suspension was unforgiving. The seats are much more comfortable.

The 997 is also quieter. Not had too much opportuntity to play but my intial view is that the 996 had more direct steering.

If you are after a more comfortable executive rocketship that is easy to play with in traffic then the 997TT fits the bill perfectly. If you are after a more raw driving experience then the 996TT delivers better and probably even earlier models (although never tried them) but they will be showing their age now.

For me it was the ideal change and loving it :thumbs: .

Congratulations David :thumb:

If you activate sports mode then the car firms up to that of the 996 thus giving you a much firmer ride etc...

garyw

Congratulations with your new purchase, great car! :thumb:

The superguard is rubbish though and makes your car look duller than it really is, get yourself some decent gear and your car will look much better than it does now.

Congrats on the new Car...! Enjoy.

Enjoy the TT. I'm hankering after one already and I've only had my C2S for 7 months. Problem is though that I'd get totally screwed on the trade in price.
Having had a 996TT I'm sure you are used to the power, but I saw one review of the 997 which I think concluded - "hello horizon, good bye license" :)

Clive

Hi,

On reading your post I was getting a little concerned about the soft ride :wink:

My next move is to a 997TT, had a play with one for a few hours and have to say the ride with sports mode is similar to my C4S. The interior of the 997 is heaps better over the 996 but imho and in agreement with you the steering response is not as connected as with the 996.

Get G , (Elite detailing), to sort out your paintwork :worship:

Alan

Hi...thanks for the comments.

Yes - in sports mode the car is much more fun but definitely licence threatening :hand: .

Had another plod up behind me again today that pulled out from a side road but fortunately went past after a couple of mile of tailing me on the A64 :bye: .

Sorted the HomeLink today which is fun toy. Now can sit on the drive and play with the garage doors....must try and get out more :floor: .

Moving from a basic black 996TT (no Satnav, heated seats, cruise etc) to full spec. 997TT two tone interior is a quantum leap in terms of comfort and toys to play with :thumbs: .

Already in contact with G regarding the paint work and also a treat for the Mrs :angel: - he can do her new SLK too :thumb:

I had a very similar run in with her majestys finest. Was driving 3 series cabrio on a nice sunny day to work when got pulled, same issue, was showing on PNC as not insured. My internet based insurer simply rolled cover over on a "heres the renewal, if we dont hear from you we assume its all OK and will renew"

Bit of a pain at the time but at least it shows they are on their toes and checking cars are insured, which is a good thing.

Ste

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back