Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

a lil exhaust question

Lighterthief

Hi All :)

I've just got myself my 1st 911, its awsome fun :D but i am really tempted to have the sports exhaust fitted (just love the sound)

I am looking to try to lower the cost as much as possible so the idea of selling my old exhaust came up.. so my question is this: is there a market for pre used exhausts? and what kind of value do u think it would be worth?

cheers

You're right to go for the Sports Exhaust, but you already knew that.

Insofar as whether there is a market for the standard exhaust this I think s anyone's guess, however, someone will want one somewhere. Another guess but I'd have thought a couple of hundred quid would be about right if it's in mint condition... (don't know how much they are new)

Sorry, but I disagree - I think you'll find it difficult to sell a standard exhaust.

Have a look on eBay - I've seen standard exhausts advertised on there from between £1-£50 and hardly any have ever sold, even when virtually new. Second hand sports exhausts are a different matter - they typically go for about £700 on eBay.

Simon.

TDK said:
Sorry, but I disagree - I think you'll find it difficult to sell a standard exhaust.

Have a look on eBay - I've seen standard exhausts advertised on there from between £1-£50 and hardly any have ever sold, even when virtually new. Second hand sports exhausts are a different matter - they typically go for about £700 on eBay.

Simon.

Ditto what Simon said. I've seen 2 set of 996 standard exhausts recently on Ebay, 1 went for £48, the other £60. The only real market for them is people doing the exhaust by-pass pipes, very similar to Porsche Sports Exhaust sound but at a fraction of the cost, never heard of someone doing it on a 997 though but must be doable...

Stuart said:
TDK said:

Simon.

Ditto what Simon said. I've seen 2 set of 996 standard exhausts recently on Ebay, 1 went for £48, the other £60. The only real market for them is people doing the exhaust by-pass pipes, very similar to Porsche Sports Exhaust sound but at a fraction of the cost, never heard of someone doing it on a 997 though but must be doable...

+1

thx for the feedback :) sounds like its prolly not such a good idea then.. oh well :)

just looking forward to hearing the roar of the sports now :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back