Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pioneer AVIC-HD 3BT - Dash Kit

jiggy guy

Hi all,

Ive just recently become a proud owner of 2005 997 C2s - Artic Silver,...and very nice it is too. It has a SAT NAV fitted but its far too cluttered for my liking so im thinking off fitting the 2DIN Pioneer AVIC-HD 3BT unit, but it seems like Pioneer do not do a dash kit for the 997. Im sure others have fitted these units into the 997, so i would basically like to know where they sourced the dash-kit from.

Thanks in advance

I've not heard of anyone fitting aftermarket screens to the 997s on the basis that the tripcomputer and nav and some of the car's controls and the sports chrono etc are included in it, and are plumbed into the dash display.

I'd be wary of any such mods on a 997 where on the whole the system is considered pretty good, unlike on the 996.

I dont really consider the system that good,... no bluetooth, SAT NAV is constantly getting confused and seems to lag a and no IPOD connection.

The Sports buttons, and Crono are further down the console. And thought the Trip computer was all controled from the steering column, these wont be touched,..all i'll be taking out is the top half,...which is the SAT NAV and Telephone function buttons. Also, i'll be keeping the unit and will be putting it back in if and when i decide to sell it.

Guess im going to have to investigate some more. Definately seen pics on here of someone making the mod,...just cant seem to find it again.

But many thanks for your input, at the very least you've made me aware that its not as simple as throwing a new unit in.

There is a facia kit available

I have ordered a facia kit form a car audio speciallist in Hertfordshire.
Watch this space for images and updates......

Facia image

Here's an image i recieved via email.....although it is of a left hand drive vehicle the facia adaptor is correct.....

.....cant wait to get it

Attachments

• 997_facia_187.jpg
    997_facia_187.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8,724
Snap! I've also just got an Arctic Silver 997 and want to stick my Pioneer in it.
There is a really high quality car audio shop I have used in Watford:- Impulse Trading Ltd, 447 St Albans Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6PR. Tel: 01923 231358. http://www.impulsecar.co.uk>. The boss is Bob Griffiths - give him a ring and tell him Adrian with the Porsche said to call. The problem is to get a double DIN hole you need a new facia plate. Bob is getting one in from Japan - it's in the UK just waiting to clear customs and he should get it this next week. Also a guy in America is producing one (and a kit) - he has just told me via email that it will be out in mid October.

See the posts from Trieullionaire at http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19074&hl=pioneer&st=0 , which has an excellent discussuion on this subject.

I have just had a conversation with Porsche Hatfield who hope to know within a couple of weeks from Germany if the new 997 Gen2 sat nav can be retrofitted into our cars. The book price for this fitted and including VAT is £2,074.04, it does most of what the Pioneer does, but I don't think it can do a full UK postcode, just the first 4 places. I have not found out the degree of integration of the sat nav and other systems in the Porsche unit - will the trip computer, etc be lost if the sat nav is removed - perhaps not, as you can get the car without the sat nav and I presume it still has a trip computer, etc. Do keep us informed of your progress - I look forward to seeing Bupps's pictures and a bit more info from him ...

Hi,

I have been informed that any after market add on such as sat nav will render the warranty void.

This came from my OPC as I was going to install the Pioneer. My 911 is 996 however the new warranty bumper to bumper will not cover any non porsche component.

If you are going down the indy route for servicing etc then no worries.

Regards Alan.

alan sweeney said:
I have been informed that any after market add on such as sat nav will render the warranty void.

Under the european consumer law they can not say

I would preusme that this simply applies to the Pioneer unit. I dont see how it can possibly apply to any other part of the car?

JJ

alan sweeney said:
Hi,

This came from my OPC as I was going to install the Pioneer. My 911 is 996 however the new warranty bumper to bumper will not cover any non porsche component.

If you are going down the indy route for servicing etc then no worries.

Regards Alan.

Bupps said:
Under the European consumer law they can not say
An optional purchased Insurance scheme, which is what the extended warranty is, is not covered by block exemption...

They sadly make the rules on this one. :(
So any non Porsche parts additions will give them the opportunity to refuse warranty on the whole of car.
As pointed out though, indy servicing and warranty soon sorts that out.

garyw

I finally have some images

Ive got my navigation installed and I have some lovely photos. But I cant add the photos due to being large in size, so Im feeling very blonde, I didnt know how to make the images smaller.
Can anyone help.

What OS you running, XP ?
If so, open explorer and find your piccy, right click and select 'open with'
hopefully you've got office picture manager installed
Start that, select edit from the menu at the top and resize comes up as an option on the right

Dont forget to 'save as' :)

Sorry if the above sound obvious but I don't know what your 'puter skills are

Thanks for that.

here are the images - enjoy

Attachments

• por_edited_180.jpg
    por_edited_180.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 7,326
  • por2_edited_132.jpg
    por2_edited_132.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 7,326
so, is a 997 not MOST buss then? or did you bypass all the digital stuff?

Yup its a 997 with a non amped system....even if it was amped I would of replaced the amp with a better one. In currently saving up to fit an Alpine PDX amp.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back