Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Options Sticker - Missing?

hoochan

Hi,

In the process of buying a used 997. I've owned a 996 before - and it had the options code sticker under the bonnet lid...

Is this the same for the 997? I don't remember seeing it on my first inspection.

Thanks for any help!

same places

Thanks for this - weird one - its being supplied by an OPC! Oh well... Will make sure its there before I buy it - or maybe I just missed it.

Cheers!

From the 2005 Model year Porsche no longer put the option sticker under the bonnet
so this applies to all 997's and 987 Boxster
AND Also to 2005 chassis year 996

Seems a stupid thing to do after being used to having one for all these years

I was going to say that I have never noticed one on mine from new. I suppose it's much easier now to call an OPC with a chassis number and get a printout of factory spec than it was in the 80's. Unless of course the data protection act now extends to respecting the privacy of cars not just their owners!

Thanks for this guys - was about to give the dealer some flack as to where it had gone :) Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back