Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 delay

andrew1965

Anyone knows why my newly ordered 997 mk II will be delayed by a further 6 weeks? It was due end of August and now I will have to wait to early October? I know there was a fire in the factory in Feb this year but that should not have made any difference. Production requests are also down 12 percent globally for 911 so? Any ideas would be welcome?

Maybe it fell off the ramps when they were fitting the engine and they had to start again 8)

If they have only just told you I would suspect / guess that there was a problem with your car so they have had to start the process again. If there were general delays then we would have heard more about it from others :?:

Probably because they are working hard to satisfy US orders which generally take priority, and delay others as a result.

I suspect the drop in 911 orders globally was a result of people holding off a purchase knowing the Mk2 was round the corner.

My dealer told me today that there are delays because of the unexpectedly high volume of PDK orders verses the plan based on Tiptronic volumes.

I have no way of knowing of this is true. :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back