Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

About to pull a trigger.... C2S

rennsport

Well, having been reading here for a while, I'm about to pull a trigger on the 997 (mk2) C2S. Initially I was aiming for a GT3 but it would likely be parked more than driven, given our road conditions here in Bangkok.

Ideally, I'd like a used 911 (993 or 996), but due to some strange preferences here, all the offers I've seen from 993 onwards are in Tiptronic, or in strange color combo like yellow exterior & red interior. :roll:

So the next best thing, for me, is the new C2S (6MT), it has good fuel economy and 100hp/Liter! What I have in mind is:

- Carrara White
- Black leather interior, red stitching
- Carbon interior package
- Sport Chrono
- LSD
- Sport seats
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Auto-dimming mirrors
- iPod connection
- Classic alloys, painted red
- 'Carrera S' side decals in red
- NO rear wiper :mrgreen:

Is there anything else I'd missed, or should considered? Please feel free to suggest and give your inputs. I'm not planning to track it more than 2-3 times / year. The red alloys (rather subjective matter) and decals are relatively reversible should I decide to tone down the look of the car. For now, I really like to mimic the 70s look.

Thanks.

Wow, that will be a stunning unique car. What about Nav and Sports exhaust?

Jamie said:
Wow, that will be a stunning unique car. What about Nav and Sports exhaust?

Thanks, Jamie. The Nav, sadly, doesn't work here in Thailand, so I'm stuck with a portable unit which I've been using. As for the exhaust, I'll wait and see how the stock exhaust sound after few months of actual use.

Elite Detailing said:
Welcome to the forum.

The PSE is the very 1st thing I would choose as an option.

Tempting as it may be, I'd really like to make that decision once I spend a few months driving it. As much as I enjoy the soundtrack of a good engine, I'd like to be able to cruise w/o too much cabin noise. But definitely, the PSE will be among the 1st that I'd consider. :thumb:

Are GT2 style folding carbon bucket seats available as an option? That'd be cool if they are, but pricey no doubt.

Cool spec!

Robertb said:
Are GT2 style folding carbon bucket seats available as an option? That'd be cool if they are, but pricey no doubt.

Cool spec!

Yes, the folding carbon bucket seats are available as an option. You're right! They aren't cheap! I'm sure they'd look great though.

rennsport said:
Elite Detailing said:
Welcome to the forum.

Tempting as it may be, I'd really like to make that decision once I spend a few months driving it. As much as I enjoy the soundtrack of a good engine, I'd like to be able to cruise w/o too much cabin noise. But definitely, the PSE will be among the 1st that I'd consider. :thumb:

The PSE is switchable though. You don't have to have it 'on' all the time.

I leave mine off for long drives and just switch in 'on' (so it sounds better/louder) in built up areas in the early hours of the morning. :)

tomw said:
rennsport said:
Elite Detailing said:
Welcome to the forum.

The PSE is switchable though. You don't have to have it 'on' all the time.

I leave mine off for long drives and just switch in 'on' (so it sounds better/louder) in built up areas in the early hours of the morning. :)

Thank you, Tom. That's a real nice feature to have.

I'd just put down a deposit for the car today, and as stated, I'd rather try it 'as is' for a while!

The car is scheduled for October production with December completion. But it requires another two months to ship it to Thailand. This will be the longest six months ever! :(

A must = painting the centre consol in the exterior body colour

Thailand, now how are those luxury car taxes out there, still up at 300% ?

Sundeep said:
A must = painting the centre consol in the exterior body colour

Thailand, now how are those luxury car taxes out there, still up at 300% ?

Too late, Sundeep, but thank you for your input.

The tax? You're right on the money! :wink:

I was thinking of advising about the centre console but assumed it might be carbon covered by the interior carbon pack?

In any case, I'm not sure it would look right in white. Any other colour yes.

Jamie said:
I was thinking of advising about the centre console but assumed it might be carbon covered by the interior carbon pack?

In any case, I'm not sure it would look right in white. Any other colour yes.

The carbon package covers only the dashboard trim, gear lever, and handbrake. The console is an additional option.

Like you, Jamie, I'm not sure about white center console either. In any case, I'll be very happy with the car, white console or not. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back