Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 child baby seats & rear seat belts

maximus

I need to be able to house my 7 month daughter in my (new) 993!

Ideally I would like to place her in the rear sets forward facing.

Do Porsche do official seats and are these likely to be least traumatic to my car's interior?

Any contacts?

I have read others using non-porsche seats by having their rear seat belts extended, but I am worried about potential damage to car seats/trim.

Please do not advise me not to take my baby in my car!

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2455

Maximus

I wouldn't worry about your trim etc. Quick Fit have a very good reputation and I am sure they could do the work without damaging your car. Why not go along and see they handiwork?

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2457

Stanmore is closeish to me. Will check quickfit out and let u know how i got on. Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2524

hi

one thing you might need to investigate is when is a baby able to sit forward facing.........i have read stuff on the net from sweden that says up to i year is dangerous if not facing backwards because of neck/spine strength in an impact.........

latest rresearch says that baby seats should be rear facing in the rear seats for 18 months...........dont want to be voice of doom.....but
i have 3 kids that have to be sorted to go in a 911 when i find one !!!

i spoke to quick fit in stamore and they have a variety of options....but you should investigate when a child can face forwards

paul b

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2533

I've got the Prince Porsche seat in my 993. It is a one piece seat originally designed to fit the 996 but now fits the 993. It requires a longer rear belt - available as a Porsche part through your dealer.

If you don't like the seat then try Quick Fit Safety Belt Service in Stanmore. They just fitted rear belts to my brothers early 944 - a really neat installation and something most people said couldn't be done. I understand they have a selection of child seats/restraints. They are on 0208206 0101

regards

Peter

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2552

Thanks Paul and Peter. I will check out quickfit ASAP.

Cheers Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2560

Hi all,

My first time here :)

I was searching at the net for a baby seat for my 951 and I faced with this forum.

Huffwood, could you manage me some more information about the 944 baby seat and where to get it, cause here in Portugal its almost impossible to get anything to my 951, and I really want to stay with my 2 babys :D on a ride (of course Bruna its my heart)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9542

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend any brands and models of child seats which fit into the back of a 993?

Thanks

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22496

Have a search- there has been lots of chatter about this recently

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22497

Thx, forgot about searches- found a few things already

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22502

hi there, I have often travelled in the back but only of the 996 and seem to manage quite well but the rears seats do look a bit different than the 993

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22506

OK, so there's info on here about child seats for 993s, but my question is does anyone have any recommendations for a pram/buggy/transport system that would fit in the front luggage compartment?

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22569

We did have a three wheeler buggy/pram. The wheels are detachable with a quick releae lever, the rest of the pram then folds up quite small/flat, whole lot then fits into the front compartment quit well. Can quite remember the name but if you can find a baby shop they'll find it for you. The only trouble with the pram was that it's quite long and the front wheel doesn't swivel, so it's not the best handling pram ever.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22570

Baby & Child seat in 993

I Have tried the all the usual forward facing child seats in the rear of my 993, Britax Freeway, Porsche Prince, etc. But can't seem to find one the sits firmly/ correctly in the rear seats. The only joy I've had is Quickfit @ Stanmore who said they could fit one for �300 !!!!. The wifes obviously suggesting sell the "in-practical" car, :roll:
but this surley can't happen, any help advise would be greatly recieved.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23717

sorry but haven't had to find anything other than a booster as my kids are 7 & 5, however why not suggest that the baby seat goes on the front seat and the missus sits in the back! There perfect!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23760

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back