Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wiper neccesary?

dazzpowder

Whats the general consensus on the a 911 without the rear wiper? I'm looking to spec a 4S and although I like the clean appearence of no rear wiper, I can't help feel that the resale may be affected a little. Does anyone find them that useful? I see the £200K Mercedes Macleren doesn't even have one.

Hi Dazzpowder - this topic has been discussed many times on here. Just do a search on the forum and find out what people are saying.

Personally, I like mine but there are plenty of others on here who equally like it without with some people going to the extremes of physically taking it off if a previous owner has specified it.

~ Maxie

Maxie Islam said:
with some people going to the extremes of physically taking it off if a previous owner has specified it.

That will be me then, haha :thumb:

Without, no question.

I can't imagine resale being affected :?:

Stuart said:
Maxie Islam said:
with some people going to the extremes of physically taking it off if a previous owner has specified it.

That will be me then, haha :thumb:

Haha - I was thinking you Stuart when I posted that!

~ Maxie :)

IMHO the rear wiper looks awful. I didn't spec one on mine from new a) due to personal preference and b) asking the very same question on here!

There have been a couple of occasions where it would have been handy i.e. this morning to get the dew off the screen whilst reversing off the drive but in 11,000 miles of motoring without - has never really bothered me.

The more I compare with/without I lean toward the clean unobstructed line of view of a 911 without the wiper.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back