Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

stone chip!!

mottle

Trainee
Hi Everyone, Can anybody recommend a good company that can tackle a small stonechip in the middle of my 4s bonnet? It was flicked up by a lorry and has gone down to the metal :cry: Thanks

thanks for that, I have also seen these vans but ive only seen them in tesco's carpark!! Obviously i need to be sure of quality before i let them loose on my baby. ttfn :thumb:

mottle said:
thanks for that, I have also seen these vans but ive only seen them in tesco's carpark!! Obviously i need to be sure of quality before i let them loose on my baby. ttfn :thumb:

What colour's your 4S?

Most Chipsaway guys will try to avoid doing work on expensive cars, it might be wise to talk to your OPC and get a recommendation.

hi

my 4s is gt metallic silver.
Ive just seen a body shop and they want £200 to respray the bonnet because the chip is virtually in the centre. Should i try chips away first??

cheers all.

mottle said:
hi

my 4s is gt metallic silver.
Ive just seen a body shop and they want £200 to respray the bonnet because the chip is virtually in the centre. Should i try chips away first??

cheers all.

Hi Mottle,

Is it really that bad? The reason why I say this is that stone-chips are inevitable and it might be wise just to wait until you have a few more then consider a respray.

My concern is that ChipsAway could make it look worse that it is and you'll be left with needing a total bonnet respray.

Damian

Silver is a b!tch to match properly and may well show the repair more than other colours.

might be worth getting a paint stick from your OPC to at least fill the damage and wait until it really needs doing.

Aren't all metallics 2 pack?

993C2S said:
Silver is a b!tch to match properly and may well show the repair more than other colours.

might be worth getting a paint stick from your OPC to at least fill the damage and wait until it really needs doing.

Aren't all metallics 2 pack?

Yep! Metallics are 2-pack which makes the application a right pain. Sometimes it's worth mixing a blob of both together and apply that way.

I would have thought that avoiding rust by patching some how then as others have suggested wait until you have a load of them and then get a re-spray. A lot of 911's have a resprayed front end at some stage because of the chips.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back