Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mercedes G-Wagon G400 CDi (diesel Auto- 250bhp) G55 Extras!!

does that include the number plate?

sorry I know these are sought after in a bizarre sort of way(mainly by image conscious wannabe different celebs)

but £30k+ for a LHD Merc based on a military vehicle is a bit of a piss take,especially if its as old as a Y-plate

Rodders said:

sorry I know these are sought after in a bizarre sort of way(mainly by image conscious wannabe different celebs)

but £30k+ for a LHD Merc based on a military vehicle is a bit of a piss take,especially if its as old as a Y-plate

I don't think you know much about Hand built cars, they have a heavier price tag compared to machine built, for a 2001 it's actually not that bad of a price compared to some others that are for sale!!

Yes it includes the number plate. thanks.

goochie said:
Rodders said:

I don't think you know much about Hand built cars, they have a heavier price tag compared to machine built, for a 2001 it's actually not that bad of a price compared to some others that are for sale!!

Yes it includes the number plate. thanks.

its hardly a Bristol or other exotica,as for hand-built models,I do know they cost more(did own an UR-Quattro 13+ years ago) that doesn't make all of them worth more

tbh I doubt very much you'll find a buyer on here but good luck

I have to say I love G-Wagons (had 3 x new 230 GES as company cars back in the '80s)...

BUT... I hate diesel (as anyone on here more than 5 minutes already knows) and recent ones are chelsea tractors, with side-steps, stupidly wide tyres, spoilers and nudge bars, that all compromise the incredible off-road ability that the original vehicle had.

Yours is a rare beast indeed (don't think diesel G-wagons have been sold in the UK for nearly 20 years), but LHD and age make your asking price rather optimistic IMO...

Good luck

(PS. I'll do a straight swap though if you want - '99V 102,000 mile 996 C4) :wink:

Wattie said:
I have to say I love G-Wagons (had 3 x new 230 GES as company cars back in the '80s)...

BUT... I hate diesel (as anyone on here more than 5 minutes already knows) and recent ones are chelsea tractors, with side-steps, stupidly wide tyres, spoilers and nudge bars, that all compromise the incredible off-road ability that the original vehicle had.

Yours is a rare beast indeed (don't think diesel G-wagons have been sold in the UK for nearly 20 years), but LHD and age make your asking price rather optimistic IMO...

Good luck

(PS. I'll do a straight swap though if you want - '99V 102,000 mile 996 C4) :wink:

Do you have any pics?

Looks like Wattie is going to be driving around in a G Wagon ... wonder how that will corner at the Ring :?:

apw2007 said:
Looks like Wattie is going to be driving around in a G Wagon ... wonder how that will corner at the Ring :?:

Is Wattie coming to the 'Ring ?

I was kidding cause he offered to do a straight swop for the G-Wagon, which I guess was done with "tongue in cheek" ... and I had visions of the Top Gear programme with the white van at the Ring

Wattie said:
The G has been always been available in RHD from Mercedes UK, just special order only.

The V8 CDI would suprise even you Wattie :) The AMG is the way to go though, awesome thing.....

Chauch said:
Wattie said:
The G has been always been available in RHD from Mercedes UK, just special order only.

The V8 CDI would suprise even you Wattie :) The AMG is the way to go though, awesome thing.....

I doubt it... I did the launch training for the Mercedes GL-class, with the 420 CDi engine, and also did the Range Rover Sport TDV8 launch training. They all still make the wrong noise, the fuel stinks, and what's more, I've worked out that I am actually better off financially with a BIG petrol engine! :thumbs: :yahoo:

This is what I mean about making the wrong noise...

Impressive though!

993C2S said:
Impressive indeed Wattie. Good driver too!

With very big balls :eek: :eek: :eek:

2.7 tonnes out of shape, with what sounds like at least 2 passengers, is not to be taken lightly!

Being the proud owner of both 993 tt and rare 2001 G-Wagen G500 special absolutely brilliant - We've had had 4 G's over the years.... A great combination..

Wattie said:
Chauch said:
Wattie said:

I doubt it... I did the launch training for the Mercedes GL-class, with the 420 CDi engine, and also did the Range Rover Sport TDV8 launch training. They all still make the wrong noise, the fuel stinks, and what's more, I've worked out that I am actually better off financially with a BIG petrol engine! :thumbs: :yahoo:

This is what I mean about making the wrong noise...

Impressive though!

BTW The G-Wagen was stopped in 2001 as RHD but WAS available via G-wagen UK, Caversham - NOT MERC direct as G55 ONLY at about £100K but now no RHD available. Obviously G-wagen is still made today in Graz Austria by Styer Puch See factory tour by GWOA in 2008
http://mercedesgwagen.galeon.com/amigos887399.html

However one point - we do well to get 15MPG !!!! and told that G55 is near to 12MPG..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back