Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie operation of audio system question

Donverdi

Hi all

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I've done a few different searches and can't find anything which helps me.

If I want to turn music from CD off, but keep the PCM on for the alt functions, do I have to switch to the radio and then press mute (or turn down volume)? Is there any button which simply turns off the audio system without turning off the PCM?

Seems a bit odd that you can't just pause the CD instead of it just continuing to play on whilst muted (or at zero volume)

I'm sure I'm being a plank, but if anybody can shed any light it would be appreciated!

Many thanks
Marcus

Not sure, I have an annoyance too in so much as every time I jump in the car and start her up, the stereo comes in blaring away -even if I had it turned down when last turned off. Really annoying if you get into the car whilst on the phone.

I have PCM1 and I switch to FM and then turn the volume down to zero. You can then set the Nav volume separately, etc. in their individual menus

Don't know if PCM2 or later is any different?

Hi - thanks for the responses. It turns out that I have been a bit of a plank afterall! :puh:

The MUTE function when you're listening to a CD also pauses the track. So the mute button when you're listening to a CD isn't actually a mute button, but in fact a PAUSE or STOP button...

Who said the Germans were logical???

Jamie said:
Not sure, I have an annoyance too in so much as every time I jump in the car and start her up, the stereo comes in blaring away -even if I had it turned down when last turned off. Really annoying if you get into the car whilst on the phone.

I have exactly the same issue. It is not possible to turn on the PCM without turning on, also, the audio system (CD or radio).

I've worked out that mute=pause, but still can't work out how to off the audio system so it only comes on when "turned on" using the left knob.

Is this just my problem?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back