Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rattling rear seat & removing CD changer

jonathanwalters

Trainee
Couple of maintenance questions for the more experienced out there ...

1) Both rear seats rattle a bit on the catch (I've issolated it to this cos it doesn't rattle if I fold the rear seats down). I've sort of bodged it by sticking a piece of paper folded a few time to make the catch tighter but does anyone know if there is any adjsutment on them - I can't see any.

2) Anyone with anyinstructions on removing the CD changer? Planning to fit a mObridge. In particularly, do you need to disconnect the battery? if so, does anything need resetting?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

1) the best way to stop the rattle on the rear seat is black insulating tape round the striker part very neatly so it is unnoticable

2)the cd changer is removable by removing the whole cowling under the front bonnet about 6-8 philips screws but should you disconnect the cd changer your entire audio system will shut down due to fibre optics system and you dont really need to disconnect battery for this.

if you ever need to reset pcm system though you press 148 altogether

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll try that on the seat, at the moment I have a piece of folded paper wedged in the gap which tightens the mechanisim and seems to work - bit of a fiddle if you put the seat down so will try your tip!

On the CD, thanks, I actually did it this weekend and sucessfully installed the mObridge. Didn't know the reset trick though!

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back