Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo cab

997ttcab

Taken delievry of my new 997 turbo cab short shift manual basalt black with two tone black and terracotta interior and sports chrono of course. Was a bit worried about the colour of my interior choice but it looks fantastic in the flesh and many people including (non porsche fans) have said its the best looking turbo they have seen.

Just been on a great drive over the french alps in my 997 turbo cab to Monaco and back which handled fantastic (no different from coupe apart from scutle shake on very bumpy sections but no body twist)) however with the sport button engaged after a fairly fast drive the suspension suddenly went rock solid making teh car undrivable with me having to stop the car turn it off and on then it was ok - this happend twice over C.1500 miles and was very worrying. My car has only covered 2500 miles from new. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

My clutch pedal also frequently gets stuck in a half depressed position - again anyone experienced this?

I have also picked up stone chips high on my bonnet, on top of the rear wheel arches and even on the retractable spoiler. I did not experience any situtaions where stones were flying at the car and have driven this route (at much faster speeds) and not picked up and stone chips other than on the front bumper (which i have had protected with a film). it appears to me that the paint is very brittle and not up to the usual porsche standards - has anyone experienced the same problem.

All the above faults i am taking up with porsche later this month. Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards Simon

The clutch issue is claerly a problem

As for the ride quality, engaging sport does also turn ON the PASM so taking that off but keeping on the Sport does provide a softer mid option ?

Sports mode does put PASM into sports mode as Sundeep has said however that shouldn't be undriveable. I notice a stiffening and a bumpier ride but never got to the stage that it was unbearable - no matter what the road surface is.

I tend to have the sport mode on all the time but relinquish on the stiffer suspension setting for normal every day use by turning the PSM off, however I have to agree with Jamie the drive is far from being unbearable with it on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back