Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

performance figures

markf

Silly question time. Bought a 12 month old C4S recently (my first Porsche) and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find performance figures for the Tripronic version, all the road tests I've read have been for the manual.
thanks

I am looking in a 997 Porsche Brochure and it has the 4S Tiptronic Figures:

Top speed: 174mph
0-62: 5.3 secs
0-99: 11.7 secs

There is no distinction between manual and tip in the power and torque stats. Do you need anything else?

If you want me to scan the page and e-mail it to you, PM me your e-mail address. Hope this helps.

Appreciate that Jamie, thanks for the reply. I was wondering if any magazines or internet sites had tested recently, with in gear timings etc. The official 0-60 is close to my old XKR, and yet the Porsche feels so much quicker on the road!

markf said:
Appreciate that Jamie, thanks for the reply. I was wondering if any magazines or internet sites had tested recently, with in gear timings etc. The official 0-60 is close to my old XKR, and yet the Porsche feels so much quicker on the road!

the official times are probably erring on the side of caution not to mention probably with a bigger weight in the car than the Jaguar times so are probably not a totally like for like comparison,hence why it probably feels fleeter

as an aside the 0-60/in-gear times are only for bragging at the bar IMHO

True Rodders, but as I live next door to the village pub performance figures are very important!
Whenever I have read a test comparison against a XKR, Maserati GT or the like, they are auto but the 911 is tested in manual. It would also be interesting to find out how to get the best out of the tiptronic box. The change to a Porsche has reawakened my enthusiasm for driving again, which has quite frankly taken me by surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back