Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracker Fob

Mike Mearns

Trainee
Does anyone else have the Porsche "Cobra" Tracker fitted to their cars, and is there any good suggestions, how to get round remembering to carry the fob around with you at all times. I can see me forgeting it and getting pulled by PC Plod !!

Sundeep, I think Mike is referring to PVTS, Porsche Vehicle Tracking System which is managed by a company names Cobra. All new Porsche's have the prep done in the factory and the fitting of the system is compulsary at roughly a grand, you can't opt out of it.

Unless you cancel your sub, you have to carry the card about with you. If you leave it in the car it will invalidate your Insurance if your Insurance requires it.

The whole system is a pain in the back side to be honest. I have just cancelled my subscription with them as my insurers didn't need it in the first place. What happened next....... I'm afraid I can't say what happened thereafter as I am about to go legal with them.

Sorry Guy's, Ive just done some research, it is called Porsche VTS.

You know how they like to give everything three digit names !!

:eek: sorry to hear that Jamie ..!!

Mine fits into my wallet quite nicely, I'm used to always taking my wallet with me when I go out in the car..

Thr police won't bother you, you do however get a call from Cobra asking about the trigger and if you know where the car is..
I had issues with my Tracker on the last car, this one however has been faultless although I do know people who have had issues with it.

garyw

Jamie said:
The whole system is a pain in the back side to be honest. I have just cancelled my subscription with them as my insurers didn't need it in the first place. What happened next....... I'm afraid I can't say what happened thereafter as I am about to go legal with them.

blimey oh reiley, what is going on.... you can PM me if you like :D

I believe I dealt with the Porsche "VTS" fob thing while I had a courtesy car during the service from OPC.

IMO, I didn't understand why the damm thing had to be so awkward shaped. Couldnt they just keep it flat like a credit-card or similar thickness to what other manufacturers use as a keyless go??

It wouldn't fit in my wallet without leaving a massive buldge and I was told it shouldn't be attached to the car keys (as it defies the purpose of the "anti-car jacking measure).

At the end I just kept it in the jacket, but it did really leave me thinking what the blimey heck is this about!?

...all in the name of security I guess.

The day after I cancelled, my car stopped working. Many hours to recover me off the side of the motorway.

One phone call later and the car was OK again.

Someone at fault.

Better not say any more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back