Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche live mapping (not remapping)

rilley911

Hi to everyone.

I have just had my car live mapped by a-ltung in berkshire.
(www.a-ltuning.com)and results are frightening.the car has so much
more torque and power it totally is very frightening in sports mode
where it is aggresive and i love it.why did porsche not do this from day one when it left the factory.i had a revo remap before it was live
mapped on a track as the company disgree with dyno tuning,and there
is a huge difference in power delivery.the car is better on fuel under normal town driving,i am so impressed with the results.the company also offer a no reult no fee policy and all there work is warranteed for 3 years.
i am very impressed. the company only tunes high end of the market vehicles and they had there a 997 turbo techart car the same car
that was in gumball ralley 2007.very impressed what theve done with it.
any way guys im gonna teach my neighbour a lesson and time to take
on his bmw m5 which i lost against a while back.

thanks guys

rilley

Hi I agree with you these ReMaps work, I had a Revo Switcheable on my 996 C2. Its done all the things you mention.
Well worth doing.
Regards Big Bob

hi

yeah!! i had a revo before it was live map, there is a big difference on
my car when i had the revo and now it is live mapped its better in my
opinion than the revo i had.but i dont understand ione think who it has
made a huge difference to my exhaust note.Any way the company do a tubi exhaust for my car im thinking of buying it but they also do asanti wheels which ive fell in love with.i think the wheels will be first.

rilley911 said:
Hi to everyone.

I have just had my car live mapped by a-ltung in berkshire.
(www.a-ltuning.com)and results are frightening.the car has so much
more torque and power it totally is very frightening in sports mode
where it is aggresive and i love it.why did porsche not do this from day one when it left the factory.i had a revo remap before it was live
mapped on a track as the company disgree with dyno tuning,and there
is a huge difference in power delivery.the car is better on fuel under normal town driving,i am so impressed with the results.the company also offer a no reult no fee policy and all there work is warranteed for 3 years.
i am very impressed. the company only tunes high end of the market vehicles and they had there a 997 turbo techart car the same car
that was in gumball ralley 2007.very impressed what theve done with it.
any way guys im gonna teach my neighbour a lesson and time to take
on his bmw m5 which i lost against a while back.

thanks guys

rilley

So what track was this live mapped on?

I hope it's not an E90 M5 as you'll still be taught a lesson ;)

hi there

bruntinthorpe in liecestershire.the m5 is A new one.i believe i will
have better traction than the bimmer.

Damian said:
Hi to So what track was this live mapped on?

Track? haaha, I remember in years gone by (I think it was around 2002) when I was in the Aus outback (about 60 miles out of Perth) flat stick in the country while my friend who was a tuner was in the passenger seat logging the data and trimming the maps. We had the O2 cables running out the bonnet into the passenger window, laptop on his lap. Spent the afternoon hooning through the countryside mapping the car.

To be honest, it IS the best way to tune. We normally do high power runs on the dyno but ALWAYS do cruise ranges on the road. Cruise is HUGELY sensitive to air temps and flows and the only real way to get this right is on the road. Cruise tuning though is just sitting in traffic or at cruising speed on the motorways trimming it up. In the above example I was saving on dyno money tuning full power on the road - not recommended for obvious reasons. Track? Yeah probably should have but it Aus you can't have passengers so it's far harder to do such things...you'd have to log to the laptop. review the logs, trim the map, go out again, etc.... very time consuming....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back