Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 16
997 : 2004- 72
996 : 1997-2005 48
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 4
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 18
Cayman : 2005- 15
Cayenne : 2003- 9
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

glamdring
Monza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The britax kid plus is a perfect fit for my 2.5yr old but that is in a Coupe; I don't know how different the cab will be.

elrao
Monza

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the two seats we have are the Britax Safefix Plus and the Britax Prince. Based on what people here have said, the older Porsche Prince is a branded Britax Prince and the newer Porsche Junior Seat is a branded Britax Safefix! So based on that then I already have two non-branded Porsche seats...

Ours is the safefix 'plus' though, with the extra leg. As I'm not sure it would fit with the leg and it is fitted securely in our S4 I'll leave that where it is but hopefully the Prince will fit if I can get it back from the in-laws. Will update for others if it does fit, although looking at images of the Porsche Prince it doesn't look the same as our Britax Prince, the Britax one has a big plastic base which doesn't appear to be there on the Porsche Prince!

Porsche Prince.jpg
 Description:
Porsche Prince
 Filesize:  22.9 KB
 Viewed:  8322 Time(s)

Porsche Prince.jpg

Britax Prince.jpg
 Description:
Britax Prince
 Filesize:  14.97 KB
 Viewed:  8322 Time(s)

Britax Prince.jpg

elrao
Monza

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i tried the Britax Prince and it does not fit, not by a long shot. Looking at some of the US forums, I have seen a lot of talk of people removing the base from the seat which would make the base a lot narrower and curve more like the seat without the cushion in. I may take a look at the route, assuming it does not reduce the safety aspect.

Have looked at the current range of Porsche seats and can't see how they are going to fit if a britax one doesn't. The older Porsche Prince does look a little more like the Britax prince if you remove the Britax base, however you lose the 5 point harness you get in the Britax, which is recommended for children until they are 18kg ~4yrs (although my son is 14.5kg at 2 1/2 yrs).

Does anyone have the Porsche Prince? Looks like it just sits in place and relies on the seat belt going round the child and seat to hold them both in place!?!

Xstyle
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glamdring wrote:
Xstyle wrote:
Have you got any pics please? Thanks.

Attached.

This is fitting behind Adaptive Sports Seats. I take the rear seat base out to protect the leather, but you don't really need to, it does fit without removing it.

The width of the base is adjustable (pics show it at narrowest) so it can be widened as my son gets bigger. Head restraint moves up and down and has about five inches of growth movement in at the moment, so I figure it should see him through for a good while yet.

I used a Maxi Cosi Tobi prior to this which does fit okay, but you have to put a cloth around the back of it to prevent it marking the upholstery on the C-pillar. But, now my little boy's head is sticking out the top of it, it's too high, so it's an interim seat, not a solution.

The Kid Plus is apparently the same as the Porsche seat, so Kiddicare.com told me anyway. They tried about six seats in the back of the car and this was the best fit. Can't remember which other one or two fitted but if you are anywhere near Peterborough they are very good - order online as well. This seat is £99 still I think.

So my daughter was very happy in the previous purchase,
Porsche Junior Seat[ (£269.99) from OPC (It's now £299.99)
Not sure mine has isofix, will check later!

Porsche Junior Seat ISOFIX, G 1
Group: 1
Weight: 9 to 18 kg

I now need the next one up...

Porsche Junior Plus Seat², G 2 + G 3
Group: 2 + 3
Weight: 15 to 36 kg
(Also available as Porsche Junior Plus Seat ISOFIT)

See here:
http://www.porsche.com/uk/tequipment-childseats/

So the G2 G3 seat is the same as Britax KidPlus or KidFix?
http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/car-seats

Britax Kid Plus is £110 from Britax but can be bought for £70 from Halfords
http://tinyurl.com/kj7mzxm

It's £150 at Porsche, but does have the Porsche logo and styling!! puh

Which Review 74% 2007 test

The Britax Kid Plus is the new name for the Britax Evolva 2-3 Ultra and is a Group 2/3 forward-facing, belted child car seat which is suitable for children in between 15 and 36kg (around four to twelve years-old). The adult seat belt secures both the child and the car seat.

This is one of the best Group 2/3 child car seats that we have tested which is why we have made it a Best Buy.

Safety
Its front crash protection is good on four stars, while its side impact score is acceptable on three.

Fitting and using the seat
The Kid Plus is quite similar to the Britax KidFix, except it has no Isofix mounts, instead using the adult seat belt to secure both the child and the seat in position. It is light weight and really easy to install in the car and to strap the child in position, but the lack of Isofix mounts means it might be thrown around on your car's back seat when your child isn't sitting in it.

Finish quality is high and the cover is easy to remove for cleaning.

Overall rating
It's a good seat with no major weaknesses, and crosses our Best Buy threshold overall.

Updating our tests
We changed the car body we use for testing in 2011, to more accurately reflect the current typical family car seatbelt layout and design. We carried out some repeat testing, to ensure that previous tests shown online are broadly comparable to the current ones. However, such a significant change means we can't make absolute comparisons.

This result is from our 2007 tests.

Do you already own this child car seat? If you do, click the customer views tab - above the picture - and tell us what you think of it.

Pros: Safe, good instructions, easy to carry, covers are easily washable

Cons: Not Isofix
(But you can now buy the isofix version)

GB911
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, sorry to hi-jack this thread, but i'm selling my official Porsche child seat (for ages 9mths-4years) in the for sale section on here if anyone is interested and helps you.
I'm open to offers and can get to London, Surrey or meet near Essex.
PM me if interested.
Cheers

Xstyle
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xstyle wrote:

Porsche Junior Plus Seat², G 2 + G 3
Group: 2 + 3
Weight: 15 to 36 kg
(Also available as Porsche Junior Plus Seat ISOFIT)

See here:
http://www.porsche.com/uk/tequipment-childseats/

So the G2 G3 seat is the same as Britax KidPlus or KidFix?
http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/car-seats

Britax Kid Plus is £110 from Britax but can be bought for £70 from Halfords
http://tinyurl.com/kj7mzxm

It's £150 at Porsche, but does have the Porsche logo and styling!! puh

Went into OPC today to test the seat, Junior Plus.
It has a sticker on saying "Britax Romer Kid Plus" !!

The regular seat was £171; and with isofix was £228.
Fitting was not perfect, but probably better than the previous version, Junior Seat. So best fitting so far of any seat!!

I'm wandering if you can just buy the Porsche fabric cover for these seats, and just get the regular Britax and swap over!?

MrGrumPea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I thought I would add my twopenneth worth on this subject.

My daughter has just outgrown her Stage Zero seat (we used a Cybex Aton successfully for just over a year in a 2005 997.1. Front seat legroom was a bit compromised, but not too bad for up to a couple of hours). I was finding Stage One a bit more tricky, however. A forward facing seat at this age retains a high risk of neck injury in an impact, with the five point harness pinning the child's shoulders to the seat, and the entire force of the impact disappating through the whiplash, neck snapping motion of the head being thrown forwards and then back. Not good, according to my knowledge of physics. We were concerned enough about this to put a Cybex Sirona rear facing Group One seat in our other car, a C Class wagon. Rear facing isn't a solution for a 911, though.

Lots of research, including browsing of this thread and others, put me on to the Impact Shield design of forward facing seats. The Kiddy Energy design mentioned earlier seemed to be the best, but there was confusion over whether it fitted or not.

The design seems great, once you get over not having your child in a harness! The impact energy is disappated over a much larger area of the abdomen, with the child rolling forward over the impact shield and avoiding the whiplash neck motion that really scares me. Again, physics and engineering knowledge over gut reaction.

The Energy Pro has been discontinued, but the replacement, a Phoenix Fix 2, was in stock at www.pushairsandcarseats.co.uk, so last Thursday I tootled up there.

It fits my current car (2010 997.2 C2S) perfectly. The baby took to the design immediately, and after two days now puts her arms up and 'cuddles' the impact shield into her abdomen as we fit it. On Friday afternoon we went from West Berkshire to Lincolnshire using it. Three hours of hellish traffic, and clever wife navigating via twisty roads later, we arrived. BubbaLugs loved it, seemed safe and comfortable, and there was no compromise on front passenger space. Yesterday, we came back equally successfully. Top job!

We also got a Baby Jogger City Mini GT pushchair. Folded up and wheels off, it fits transversely across the back of the luggage compartment, and leaves room for a couple of bags.

Big thumbs up for the 911 as a sensible family car, useable for fun trips away. Even bigger thumbs up for the guy at the shop - really good knowledge, very friendly, and very good with Bubba as we introduced her to the new seat to try it out.

chartfield

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

My wife and I have opted to keep our son rear facing till the age of approximately 4 years. He is currently 16 months old. We have a VW Golf (family car) and 987 Boxster. The idea has been to upgrade to a 997 so on occasions all three of us can take the odd trip and for me to be able to go out with just my boy rather than having to swap cars. Does anyone know if its possible to fit a rear facing seat in the front passenger seat with the air bag deactivation kit and Isofix points? Searched forums for hours with no joy.

Thanks.

chriscoates81
Suzuka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ive just recently moved my 2.5 year old daughter from rear passenger side to behind me in the drivers seat. She is currently in the maxi cosi tobi but it is a bit of a tight squeeze for both of us and im not that tall, does anyone have experience of fitting the britax duo plus to the rear of a 996 coupe and/or a 997 cab (future proofing here).

Cheers

Chris

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: