Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Panamera, Update, Production to Commence April 2009

Porsche News

Porsche's Panamera might just be the most scooped car ever. It's been 18 months seen we first snapped the super-saloon from Stuttgart testing at the Nurburgring. With each round of spy shots more of the disguise is peeled away at we get a better look at this enormous Porsche. These photos, snapped in Scandinavia, show us the rear of the Panamera in the best detail yet. And also show the car's size. Length-wise the Panamera sits between the regular and long-wheelbase Mercedes S-class.

Porsche Panamera: the looks

Our dead-on rear photo gives a true view of the Panamera's shape, and shows what an unusual and brave step it was for Porsche to make its first saloon as a hatch. That slopping rear end means there's 475 litres of space, and more when the seats fold flat.

Panam-1.jpg

The hatch is huge, and the pop-up rear spoiler will open with the fifth door. The spoiler is a lot smaller than previously thought, and sits just below the rear wiper. LEDs lights form the rear clusters and swoop over the rear haunches. Ignore the dashed white lines and you can clearly see the curvaceous glasshouse that will let lots of light into the rear of the Panamera. No claustrophobia here.

Panam-2.jpg

The front features more disguise than in previous photos, but it's clear to see the 911 Turbo-esque LEDs lights and indicators. We can also see the final shape of the light clusters, and glimpse the vents ahead of the front doors. The styling is by Michael Mauer, formerly of Mercedes and Saab.

Porsche Panamera: on sale date

Porsche is being coy about any launch date. A company spokesperson told us the car would not appear in 2008, but Stuttgart may still spring a surprise and show the car at the Paris motor show this autumn. Last time Porsche popped a surprise at Paris it was the Carrera GT concept. Don't expect the Panamera to be on sale before mid-2009, by which time the new BMW 7-series and the Aston Martin Rapide will be around.

Panam-3.jpg

Porsche Panamera: can it beat the Aston?

Are you lead by your head or your heart? We don't want to rubbish the British effort before it's even on sale, but every car Porsche has created over the past decade has been the best handling in its class.

Expect active dampers, carbon ceramic brakes and a seven-speed dual clutch gearbox from ZF to give the Porsche the technical advantage. Rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models will be available.

The Porsche will also be a lot cheaper, with a 3.6-litre V6 (due in 2010) costing £55,000. To take on the Aston's V12 the Panamera will come with a 4.8-litre V8, with or without twin-turbos. That later will have 500bhp and cost £85,000.

If you want a green(ish) Porsche then a Panamera Hybrid will appear in 2011, and achieve 30mpg-plus.

Panam-4.jpg

I saw one of these being tested just outside Stuttgart this week - the proportions actually look much better in the flesh than I was expecting. It will be interesting to see where they pitch it price wise....

I bet it's more than £55k !!!!!

But if it is only that much, I'll have one

Disappointed with the outcome, it looks like a Lexus!

i dont like it, the back end design from the 3/4 view looks bulbous and awkward :yuk: hope it looks better in the flesh :?

Clearly no sign of Global Warming on that test :lol:
Big Bob

Porsche Panamera Production to Commence April 2009

Latest details of the upcoming Porsche Panamera have surfaced courtesy of Dutch Magazine Autotelegraaf which reports we are likely to see the production for the four-door coupe commence in April 2009, just one month after we expect to see the worldwide debut at the Geneva Motor Show.

Porsche has confirmed that the Panamera will be built at its Leipzig plant alongside the Cayenne, and word coming from the Germans suggest that maximum production capacity is currently 26,000 units per annum, although this could be limited to 20,000.

There have been so many sighting of a number of Porsche Panamera prototypes spotted around Germany usually sporting very little disguising, therefore when we finally see the unveiling we really won't have much to report about. One question that still remains though is what lies beneath the hood.

Source: Autotelegraaf.nl

Attachments

• 9080528_210.jpg
    9080528_210.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 9,442
2010 Porsche Panamera to start at £65k

STUTTGART, Germany "” The 2010 Porsche Panamera will be offered with a choice of three engines and will be priced from about £65,000 for the base V6 model to £100,000 for the full-house turbo V8 all-wheel-drive edition.

The latest details on the four-door Porsche, as outlined in the German magazine Autobild, include the news that a new full-hybrid option for the Panamera will mate a 300-horsepower V6 gasoline engine with a 100-bhp electric motor, enabling the driver to select from any combination of the two propulsion sources.

When the car is launched early next year, it will come with a 405-hp 4.8-liter V8 and a 520-bhp turbocharged variant of the V8, mated to a seven-speed version of Porsche's PDK dual-clutch gearbox. Top speed in the range topper is said to be 186 mph.

A 3.6-litre V6 is due in 2010, followed by the hybrid in 2011. Also available, should customers demand it, is the high-output V10 from the Carrera GT, as well as Audi's potent V12 TDI.

Either that guy is really skinny or the cokpit space is enormous by 911 standards.
Saw the spy shots of the interior on another forum and wonder what all those buttons around the gear lever are about!

I lodged my letter of 'expression of interest' with my favourite OPC a couple of months ago. :thumbs:

Jeremy Clarkson is going to have a field day with this one!

I don't think they are really building this car for us Porsche faithful to like, it is really to open up new markets. The Amercians will love it!

I look forward a test drive in due course and who knows!

That latest picture in this thread looks good imo. Beginning to take shape.

~ Maxie

Genuinely one of the ugliest cars both internally and externally I've ever seen.

Need some serious beer goggles to like the look of that.

Jamie said:
Jeremy Clarkson is going to have a field day with this one!

I don't think they are really building this car for us Porsche faithful to like, it is really to open up new markets. The Amercians will love it!

I look forward a test drive in due course and who knows!

Jamie, you're right about the Panamera. It WAS just the car for the American market but I'm sure Porsche are not overlooking the market which they have in Russia and China for high end SUV's and want to turn that into high end exec. cars. Now with USA going deep into recession the 'new' markets could swallow up this model.
Look what has happened to the GT2; Whilst the UK dealers were unable to fulfill all the orders they took for the 997 GT2, American dealers have been left with cancelled orders and delivered cars in their showrooms. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back