Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1978 Turbo Auction

Being sold as part of a High Court writ....Reg no J RU1N! Perhaps the plate was cursed? :?

You would have to be brave though:

Green / brown trim :?
No log book, service history, Mot, etc. :?
No recourse if unroadworthy, clocked, accident damaged, etc :?

And in the circumstances of it's sale, may have an 'interesting' history? :mrgreen: (Although a hidden stash of something in the spare wheel well could make it a bargain for someone... :lol: )

Come on then people, what does a good 930 go for then and what does a poor one go for as well.

Me first good one £20k plus poor one £10k less.

SEE YA

I'll try and pop along to see what it goes for,should be interesting to see who really wants it,a dealer or private buyer.

Well it got a little more interesting,to be fair the car didn't look all that bad in it's colour scheme.
I had a good look around and the body work was sound and the interior, despite the colour ,was in good condition,no tears our sign of wear.
Then I asked for the keys to start it,ah well,no.Why not?.Er well it doesn't
start.
I started to dig for info and it transpired the car had been in storage since 2000 and the storage company had a writ to sell it as no storage fees had been payed.
The Auction House had sent the car to a local 'performance car engineer',their words not mine,and after two hours had not managed to fire it up.
Their opinion was the fuel injectors where knackered.
So there we were 30 interested parties with a car that hadn't started for 8 years,there were some who seemed keen at first then found it wouldn't go and walked away.
Eventually the bidding started at 5 grand .................
Anyone want to hazard a guess what it went for?.Be back later with the final episode.

Oooooh, pick a figure out the air here...£11800 plus bp + VAT...?

so needs a bit of work...

£4995 ?

Attachments

• 930_3_176.jpg
    930_3_176.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10,690
  • 930_2_211.jpg
    930_2_211.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 10,690
  • 930_1_360.jpg
    930_1_360.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 10,690
between £2.5 and £3K

but what do I know, I think £65K is too much for 964 RS :wack:

I bet there weren't many bids once it got above £5000 tbh... If there is big engine trouble that wouldn't be a cheap car if it was free! Not exactly loved is it... :(

PolarExpress said:
COOL NUMBERPLATE 8) :puh:

Odds on it having belonged to an oilman?

:coat:

Might go for a reasonable amount. Forget the value as a car as it's breaking it for parts that will make good money. Early 930 suspension, brakes, engine parts, gearbox parts are all worth money these days.

Ian.

ian_uk said:
Might go for a reasonable amount. Forget the value as a car as it's breaking it for parts that will make good money. Early 930 suspension, brakes, engine parts, gearbox parts are all worth money these days.

Ian.

my thinking as well :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back