Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

thanks to everyone

rilley911

thanks to everyone,i wasnt really impressed with revo on my rs4 which i
had before this.What is GIAC? Does anyone know of bhp and torque
figs to be expected from chipping,I love this car but i gonna be honest
and say it does need more power.i suppose i could try the revo
free trail they do.

rilley911 said:
thanks to everyone,i wasnt really impressed with revo on my rs4 which i
had before this.What is GIAC? Does anyone know of bhp and torque
figs to be expected from chipping,I love this car but i gonna be honest
and say it does need more power.i suppose i could try the revo
free trail they do.

Any n/a engine (eg current RS4) will have very marginal benefits from remapping alone. Don't believe all the marketing hype you read on remapping a n/a engine car without further substantial mods. GIAC included.

If you want more power, you need to get a Turbo or FI'd car where you can see big gains in HP/torque through simple remapping.

Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but did you not drive one before you bought yours?

It has a better power to weight ratio than an RS4 by some margin, and has better brakes and handling, and less weight, so in real point-to-point (or track) driving should be significantly faster.

When you say an M5 beat you, what do you mean?

Sounds to me like you need a Turbo if the traffic light Grand Prix is the only thing that matters :? Although it would be cheaper for you to have some instruction, and then get your neighbour to bring his M5 to a trackday and see if he can keep up with you then :D

hi there

He would race anyone he is crazy!!!
but i dont want to responsible for arranging races on this site.
I gonna get it remapped by revo and maybe get some better brake pads.
Then i m going attack my neighbour.This car is much quicker than my rs4,
but the comment i was making is when i had revo remap on my rs4
it wasnt wow!! I friend of mines owns rs4 and i not quite sure where
he had his car mapped but its bloody quick.The mods he has done are induction kit and live map and uprated brakes and that use to eat mines for breakfast.Even when we swoped drivers.

Can somebody also help me out with track days,i never been to a porsche
one and dont even know where to begin.I would love to take my car on the track and see what it can really do.

You could have your car supercharged- costs about £8k, and you will get real benefits.

http://www.vag-tuner.com/porsche/acatalog/Supercharger_Systems.html

Chipping essentially makes the engine run more efficiently, and it produces the power at different points in the rev range to standard. But it won't be a quantum leap- porsche have already wrung a pretty high specific output from that normally asirated engine- 100bhp per litre is good.

I also reckon some apparent gains come from re-profiling the throttle sensitivity, thus making the car seem more eager with less throttle travel.

If you really want to be traffic light king, px your C2S for a 996 Turbo, as they are very tunable- 600bhp no problem :twisted:

911uk'ers get along to a few track days- you'd be more than welcome to join in, then try to book an instructor. Have a look at the track-day subforum.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back