Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cracks on the sidewall of my tyres!! help!

schumi

Heyhey, ive got a 997 cab, which is 3months old and has done 3,500miles. While washing it today i noticed a crack in the sidewall, approx 1.5" in length. Im just wondering if this is covered by the warranty? And if so, how many tyres should i try and get? Im sure ive read on the forum something about Porsche recommending you replace either 2/4 tyres at the same time. Incidentally, i have Turbo wheels with Michellin tyres. Has anybody else had a similar problem?

Blimey, I would get that sorted ASAP. Are you sure it's not a cut??

If it's a crack Michelin will replace it under warranty. Otheewise it'll be out of your wallet I'm afraid.

It is recommended that pairs are changed, unless the undamaged tyre of the pair is close to new tread depth.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back