Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Waiting for Targa 4s

targaJH

My new targa 4s arrives soon and I live in Central London so stuff Ken! Anybody out there had any problems with this model or have an opinion.

should be problem free, as the all round 911

Great car! Defo my choice of "next 911" if my boat comes in... I'll have mine in midnight blue or meteor grey!

No particular probs- anyway you'll have a gilt-edged warranty so you can get the dealer to sort any issues. Roofs are sometimes a bit squeaky over rough ground, thats about it.

Yes, I've ordered it in midnight blue.
I read there was a few reviews with some problems on 996 targa roof. According to the dealer they are sorted in this version, I shall wait and see... I went to Millbrook last wk on the Driving experience and there was certainly no probs with that one.

targaJH said:
Yes, I've ordered it in midnight blue.
I read there was a few reviews with some problems on 996 targa roof. According to the dealer they are sorted in this version, I shall wait and see... I went to Millbrook last wk on the Driving experience and there was certainly no probs with that one.

glass, metal and rubber.......... will be fine

996 issues were hardly any in reality and 993's were fine as tech has moved on

pics when you get it, PLEASE !

and get ww.elitedetailing.co.uk to get it cleaned proper and you won't regret it

:thumb:

The 997 targa is a great looking car, I would go for one if I could have justified the extra cost. I see one in my village every morning!

Welcome to the club. When exactly to you collect her?

:welcome: We want pictures :useless:

I haven't seen many 997 targa's around and was only saying to a pal last night what a great GT it would probably make.

Look forward to hearing more about the car when it arrives .... :thumb:

Welcome. theres one regularly at my station, great looking car, congrats.

I have a 2007 Targa 4S in Canada with 7500Kms. on it now and it has never been back to the dealership for any repairs. Its been perfect. Enjoy. Jeff.

My next car hopefully....... The novelty of having a 996 Targa still hasn't worn off yet and I've had that almost a year now! Congrats on the new purchase.

~ Maxie

i've had one in midnight blue for over a year now,no issues just loads of fun :thumb:

Attachments

• 379561_img_0550_1_131.jpg
    379561_img_0550_1_131.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7,838
The one thing I would be interested in seeing on the 997 targa is how the appearance would be affected if the chrome side rails were toned down by say, grey anodised finish. Not sure whether it would look better or not, but I'd like to see the effect it would have.

Peter

Hugo,

love the look of your wheels, can you post a close up please :thumb:

TB

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back