Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

what's a targe 'Florio'

pirellipete

The Targa Florio was a race from the 20'S in Italy, around the mountains in Sicily. I assume the car was named after the event. The car was an air cooled flat 4 driven by Alfred Neubauer

TB

It was a limited edition car, as said above built in celebration of the Targa Florio race which Porsche won.

To quote from Adrian Streather's book:

"Towards the end of Model Year 1993, six months before 964 production ended, Porsche still had a number of unsold 964 Targas. Throughout the life of the 964 series the Targa model was not built in large numbers. It was the least popular of the 964 family.

In order to move these unsold Targas, they were shipped from the factory production area to Porsche Exclusiv who designed and installed a very special interior called the "Florio". It was an all leather interior with the Porsche crest embossed into many panels. The targa posts were embossed with the word "Florio".

These Targas were all converted to right hand drive and shipped to the UK market. How many were given this treatment is not known. It is also not known if they were sold anywhere but in the UK. Whilst not an official special or limited edition of the 964 series, it is unique and commands higher resale prices"

Hope that helps.

Regards

Dave

The Florio for sale doesn't have the original wheels which were 16", and although similar to Cup I's, had a thinner spoke. The Cup I's look better anyway IMO, so preferable anyway.

hi i hav a florio but mines tiptronic i believe there were only 500 florios crackin car really enjoy it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back