Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear shocks

Superunknown

Spa-Francorchamps
Here's a question, my car is a 1991 on a J plate. Would I have the early or revised rear shocks?

Is there an easy way to check without removing, jacking anything up?

Interesting one, Justin. They changed with MY '92. Does the PET catalogue give any clues?

Looking at the PET, the change is only listed as 1991. I don't know the technical differences but there are 2 different part numbers listed for 1990 and 2 for 1991 on. The rears aren't handed like the fronts so it's got me beaten.

Justin, the only thing I can suggest is the ring the local OPC parts dept, give them your chassis number and let them do some work for once. "Only after a quote Gov, but ....."

Justin, It is very easy to tell from your VIN what model year your car is:

WPOZZZ96ZK........ = 89

The last letter is the key to the year.

L=90
M=91
N=92
P=93

As you've already picked up, 89-90 have different shock mounts to the later cars.

edited to add: I've just seen what you mean from PET - there seems to have been some early 91 models that have the earlier shocks :?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back