Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White dial kit for non computer 964 wanted, suppliers pse

pirellipete

guys,

looking for white dial conversion kit for 1992 non-computer car.

(not replacement dials complete, just the faces)

I know there is a guy who silk screen prints them to order, but am wondering if anyone has managed to find a 'stock' supplier.

I'm looking to break up the darkness of the blue/black dash and carpets

MPH version required.
as always thanks for any pointers.

The alternative to screen printing is a self adhesive sticker, which is what you get in the link above. IMO don't go there.

Stickers will cut out alot of the light from the backlit faces when you turn the lights on - they'll look crap and be difficult to read. The screen printed product is alot more professional and backlit exactly as a set of white on black factory dials.

REAP do screen printed on your own dials for £300-350.

Hmmmm,

Not much in it really,

A better job for £100 more, is probably the way to go I think.

Thanks guys

If you haven't purchased already I'd go with Asim. I got the stickers as I, 1) didn't know about the screen print, and 2) even if I did I couldn't get the car to them or post the cluster as that soon into ownership I don't want a week without a drive :D

The sticker option is also a bit of a fiddle job if DIY. You have to get the cluster out, needles off, new stickers on, needles back on, cluster hooked back up to car, check needles in right places, cluster back off, re-assemble unit properly, cluster back in and check again... All while not scratching the surround and with minimul swearing! :twisted: Not sure how the 964 works but that's the 996 way...

For the extra money and if you've got the time I'd screen print...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back