Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

i've just found....

matt_964

that my ECU has a RuF Chip installed... i took the ECU out whilst i was welding, thought i'd open it up. So thats two suprises now... Gemballa Springs and a RuF chip!

Anyone know any stats for this chip?

result, you probably need to give Ruf the id numbers to work out what it is and does as there may be quite a few ?

Good to hear..

Excellent! I'm sure RUF would give you the info you need.

Hmm....might have to have a look in mine now. Some have already remarked that they're surprised how quick it is. But perhaps they're just humouring me? :p

strange really, previous owner knew nothing about it, well didn't mention it at least.

I only took the ECU out as i'm welding, just a precaution i always take, same as if i do any paint and put the car in the oven.. .

Had a peek down at the chip and its had RuF 964 and some numbers on it, i'll take it apart one day to get the details.

it feels marginally quicker than my old 3.2, but i put that down the being a 3.6... dyno will tell i guess.

You could try calling Craig at GT One. He used to work for RUF

i'd laugh so much if i checked my VIN and it came back an RS. Obviously it won't...

I wonder if thats ever happened to anyone?

nope, ecu is still sat on the bench in the garage...

i will one day though...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back