Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mesh Grills for Front Bumper

MikeB

Hi I have just 'upgraded' from a 996C2 to a 997C2 and think the centre bit of the front bumper (just below the number plate) looks a bit odd with the black plastic insert. And yes I know I could have gotten a Turbo without that (I wish :) ).

There is a Mesh Grill kit on porscheshop.co.uk for £165 http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/porsche_997_body_styling.html and I wondered if anyone has fitted one of these. If anyone has, do they have better photos of the finished effect and was it easy to fit?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Mike - congrats on the purchase! I myself am hankering after a '7 too. With the mesh grills, apparently if you buy just a normal mesh grill, you can cut it to fit and have it fitted to your front bumper anyway. I believe Sundeep did this and Sid Spanner (both on this forum) fitted it. Haven't yet tried it myself but it's something I will do at some point as cheapskates like me won't fork out £160 odd for a ready made solution!

~ Maxie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back