Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carma Concept Study

Porsche

A bunch of design students came together and created this Porsche supercar concept dubbed Carma. The team of students that participated in the project are Germain Baillot, Pierre Fichet Delavault, Julie Dicks, Simon Menu, who are currently attending their fourth year at the French Design School ISD (Institute Supérieur de Design - Valenciennes, France).
The Carma was designed as an extreme sportscar which could also be suitable for every-day use. The designers support that particular attention was paid to the vehicle's aerodynamics, which resulted in a detailed study of the body and underbody surfaces in order to achieve the necessary downforce.

Carma01.jpg

Carma02.jpg

Carma03.jpg

Carma04.jpg

Carma05.jpg

Carma06.jpg

Carma07.jpg

Carma09.jpg

I like it, a future Porsche with design flair! now that will be something !

Interesting, but I think not Avant Garde enough, more like Audi R8 meets Lotus Elise and that rear end looks awful. Appreciate the brief was all about aerodynamics but that doesnt sell cars. E.g. The original Audi TT was a design concept that people fell for its looks, it wasn't actually that great from a practicality point of view but didnt stop selling them by the bucket load.

I think car design has to take 2 routes for the future, in opposing directions:
-micro, single seat personal vehicles. These need to be efficient, nippy, compact and fun.
-sporty, highly desirable, high occupancy people carriers. These need to be like stretched ground hugging sportscars not SUV's.

The entire design is just a plagurism of various classic designs - GT40, Miura, Stratos etc.

An amateur effort in my opinion and not a patch on the Porsche designs I used to sketch on my jotter covers circa primary 5 :lol: :wink:

I think it would benefit from having either a rear windscreen or mirrors (pref. both) :lol: Looks like it's going to be a bitch to park at the best of times

Dunc - you beat me to it, just what i was going to say - esp the Stratos glass-house / GT40-esque bits!!! Also shades of Aston Zagato rear. A bit of fun, but that's it.

did they get all the Porsche models and pick bits from them all...

Some of the rear pics are 928esque

In others it looks like the cartoon Cars.

so its just me who loves that then? :oops: I really like the clean organic lines. Its an evolution rather than revolution of the current classic iconic 911 shape IMHO. Keeps the signature shape but moves it on some.

Sundeep, when and where can i get one of these again?

Tim Storey said:
so its just me who loves that then? :oops: I really like the clean organic lines. Its an evolution rather than revolution of the current classic iconic 911 shape IMHO. Keeps the signature shape but moves it on some.

Sundeep, when and where can i get one of these again?[/quote]

Never :lol: bcos I'm about to get you fired :p

Tim Storey said:
uuf361 said:

how do you figure Scott? I own your a*s remember :lol:

Not any more.......my new boss starts in Jan......you're on the integration team.......Oops, perhaps you weren't meant to know that :lol:

Tim Storey said:
uuf361 said:

how do you figure Scott? I own your a*s remember :lol:

Not any more.......my new boss starts in Jan......you're on the integration team.......Oops, perhaps you weren't meant to know that :lol:

integration schmintegration. I've got a seat on the board. :lol:

Tim Storey said:
integration schmintegration. I've got a seat on the board. :lol:

Yep, the floor board :lol:

Chris W said:
Appreciate the brief was all about aerodynamics but that doesnt sell cars.

Having studied aerodynamics at Uni (OK many years ago) I would put money on it that the aerodynamics of that car will be so awful that it would never make it into production anyway...

It will be dangerously unstable in cross-winds, will have massive turbulence at the back end that will effectively knock off about 100 bhp of useable power, and it might even just take off at speed, unless it has an electronic spoiler...

If you don't believe me, I bet you didn't know that a Routemaster bus (Cd = 0.5 something) had a lower drag co-efficient than an E-type Jaguar (Cd = 0.63)...! :shock:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back