Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

To Trim or not to Trim

Trim or not?

• Trim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Trim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

matt_964

Barcelona
that is the question.

I lvoe the idea of a totally bare cabin, i'd keep door cards (carbon) and i'd retrim the centre console and seat centres in black alcantara... pair of nice front floor carpets and i'm done...

BUT

I keep thinking of a new black headlining, RS carpets trimmed around the cage...

Not since the days of British Leyland has a car been built by committee - until now :lol:

The no-trim route works on the N-GT so unless you're going on long journeys, it shouldn't be a problem. You could try asking the question on PCGB (964 RS Forum) where there are several N-GT owners who will be able to give you an honest answer. Several of those guys have owned both a lightweight RS and N-GT.

not worried about the noise - just more the feel of a finished car....

N-GT ? :oops: whats that then - excuse my ignorance

Noise will be an issue on long journeys. Travelled to Le Mans in a lightweight RS a couple of years ago and suffered with my hearing in my right rear for a week or so after.

I'm going for carpets in mine, still going to buy a pair of these for long trips (with a audio jack :lol:)

bullseye_black.gif

demonfish said:
not worried about the noise - just more the feel of a finished car....

N-GT ? :oops: whats that then - excuse my ignorance

N-GT = 964RS Clubsport - completely stripped interior, as per the cup cars.

BTW, I have actually done the template for the floor boards - drop me a PM with your address if you still need it.

demonfish said:
nicola said:
in my right rear for a week or so after.

ouch :lol:

Well i guess if i strip it and it annoys me, i can just carpet it afterward...

Whoops...

Well Jason did say I should get is out more :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back