Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenons - how?

matt_964

Barcelona
How do you get your H4 Bi-Xenons to fit the cup behind the light?

anyone managed it? pictures etc?

I wouldn't bother with Bi-Xenons, normal ones are fine as I don't think you can fir Bi-xenons on the earlier cars

Sundeep,

It's not a case of choice - since the pre-993 cars use a single H4 bulb you HAVE to use the solenoid operated hi/lo bulb unless you want to lose your main beam lights.

The later bulbs are considerably smaller than the early ones and will now fit happily inside the bowl. Places likes www.hids4u.co.uk can supply kits which I know have been fitted to 964s. Aceparts might also be able to help.

Regards

Dave

Dave Wilkinson said:
The later bulbs are considerably smaller than the early ones and will now fit happily inside the bowl. Places likes www.hids4u.co.uk can supply kits which I know have been fitted to 964s. Aceparts might also be able to help.

I bought a set from alan (Aceparts) and the guys had trouble fitting them as the bulb hit the lense :cry:

the set i tried were from a friend - a TechOne set, bulb fit in a didnt touch the glass, but the rear was too large...

any thoughts on this one?

Attachments

• h4_hilo_583.jpg
    h4_hilo_583.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 8,198
If by too large yoy mean the back of the bulb stuck out too far you'll have no choice ut to look for an alternative supplier with a smaller backside!

I haven't had any response from Aceparts, I sent them an email a week or so ago asking if their 964 'Kit' is plug'n'play, ie just fit it without any mods.

Has anyone on here fitted an aceparts 964 kit recently, (so I'm assuming the kit had 'New' smaller bulbs). without resorting to modification and swearing.

By the way, back in the good old days of yore when we still had a navy, and I was in it, we would get our backside kicked by the greenies, as we called electricians, for calling them bulbs, as apparently bulbs grow in the garden, and lamps glow in the dark,

Hows that for being a PITA :idea:

I might have got the wrong end of the stick here but I believe that you are not allowed to fit hid kits on cars that did not have them fitted when new unless you change all the headlamp units as well. I asked advice and found that after market hid kits are illegal in the uk (not the upgrade bulbs but the kits).

there is a letter somewhere on here from the Dept of Transport about that.

IIRC its a bit ambiguous and alot of the regs come down to interpretation of the MOT inspector and any policeman who stops you, if any.

But there are lots of owners who have upgraded and have passed several MOTs,

If I can find the letter I'll try and post it

needone said:
I might have got the wrong end of the stick here but I believe that you are not allowed to fit hid kits on cars that did not have them fitted when new unless you change all the headlamp units as well. I asked advice and found that after market hid kits are illegal in the uk (not the upgrade bulbs but the kits).

you're also never allowed to speed. But heyho.

I had them on my Celebration. I got the kit from HIDS4U and got it fitted by Camtune. You have to drill out the back of the headlamp bowl to allow the bulbs to seat properly but as long as this is done well, and then protected, there should be no problem.

Newbie my arse.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back