Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Momo Steering wheel - Make a difference or just look good??

pirellipete

Barcelona
I know there are members who have fitted different steering wheels to their cars,

Would a Momo, or other model of porsche wheel make a difference to a regular/daily driver ??

I know they look good, and I don't mind something that looks good

I'm not going to be a regular track day driver, maybe once or twice a year max.

Or, does the one porsche fitted do the best job for a daily driver??

Its ofr a '92 C4, non-airbag car.

Very much an individual choice IMO. OE wheels tend to look better, while Momos can look a bit too aftermarket, but hey do feel nice.

I guess it depends on whether you prefer the look or the feel?!

Many go for RS steering wheels, which potentially ticks both boxes.

although on a 964 & earlier cars I have seen a fair few Momo wheel's (mostly on RS's IIRC) which does win on price

and the design & feel is better although the difference is minimal, i.e. thicker wheel with a slight curve into the driver which helps that non-adjustable position

Interior_002.jpg

Re: Momo Steering wheel - Make a difference or just look goo

pirellipete said:
Would a Momo, or other model of porsche wheel make a difference to a regular/daily driver ??

Nope. For that the standard wheel is just fine.

I changed the 4 spoker in my 3.2 for a 3 spoker 993 RS style wheel. Not only did it make the interior look much sharper, the more chunky rim made it much more satisfying to drive both on road and track.

Go for it, but make sure you go for a style that isn't too "Halfords"

I like the look of that clubsport wheel,

now, who's got one in their garage they're not using anymore???
:lol:

pirellipete said:
I like the look of that clubsport wheel,

now, who's got one in their garage they're not using anymore???
:lol:

They're £249.98 inc p&p from Porscheshop if you 'buy it now' from them on ebay (saves you about £20 if you bought it direct):

Clubsport wheel on ebay

Includes everything you need (wheel and boss).

got a clubsport in my 964 too, they do look and feel great. 8)

It was the first thing i did on the first week of ownership as i cannot stand the lame looking 'audi' style original.

Must admit i like the look of that RS looking wheel in sundeeps photo, it looks more competition 'racey' like.

If you want real Porsche Motorsport, the Cup wheel (made by Momo but it has an engraved Porsche logo + horn) is the mutts. Imho, it is the best upgrade on the interior to your car... the smaller diameter compared to standard and how it sits slightly closer to you transforms your contact point with the car.

CupSteeringWheel.jpg

Now you see Ade, much like you say to me about not having the front section of cage in the car for safety reasons on a daily driver.... I am very hesitant to remove my airbag steering wheel from the car for the times I'm not wearing the harness......

I know many people don't believe in the merits of airbags but I am a believer in their lifesaving abilities and would not be happy without it.

I would love the smaller wheel...... but......while I have one in the car I don't think I'll remove it. In fact, in Aus it's illegal to remove it and will get a MOT failure.... not sure about here.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back