Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introduction to the 964 FAQ section

Boxsey

The aim of the Frequently Asked Questions section is provide an easy way of browsing for technical information about fixes, servicing and modifications, without the need to search through the many threads on the main 964 section.

Many such topics will already exist and will be moved here so that others that are looking for the same information can find them here. Similarly, future topics posted in the main section that develop into information that is useful to others can be moved here when the time is right.

Please:

1. Suggest topics to appear in the FAQs.
2. Continue to reply topics in the FAQs to enhance them and tell everyone how useful (or not) you found them.
3. Start new topics in the main 964 forum that can be turned into a FAQ.
4. Snap a few photos of any DIY you do and write a topic about how you got on.

By doing this, hopefully, we can create a nice easy to browse reference library to help each other out. :D

Steve,

It's a good idea - but hard to know where to start!!!

First ones have to be:

1 - How to check the oil level
2 - How to debug the heating system
3 - What offset wheels are required
4 - What size tyres can I fit
5 - How can I fit HID headlights
6 - What springs can I fit to lower the car
7 - What dampers can I fit to a lowered car
8 - How can I cure the understeer on my C4
9 - What tyre pressures should I use

and then, of course, we have the old chestnuts:

Is a C2 better than a C4
Can I convert a C4 to a C2
Can I disconnect the front drive on a C4 to run on a 2WD dyno

Shall I go on????

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, I knew we could relie on you :wink:

I'm sure in time we'll get through that little lot. We could take the easy way out and just say search on Rennlist but we'll give it a go nonetheless :D .

There you go Steve.......

A few of those will be equaly useful across in 993 land. :D

Dave, as for curing understeer, I have a handling guide I want to put up, although fitting a thicker rear anti-roll bar does help cure this issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back