Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 or C4?

DocT

Guys!

Being an aspiring 964 owner, I'm keen to find out some first hand experience from those of you that have driven both the C2 and C4. I've read Adrian Crawfords article on the above, and while very well written I just wanted some further info before making a decision.

From my perspective, I'd always hankered after a C2, but there seems to be alot more C4's out there which would help in sourcing a car! Is there really that much of a difference - or will be almost impossible to notice on anything other than a track??

Really appreciate all your help!

Oh ... and one final question: one of the cars I've seen had it's engine replaced a few years back - any reason why this would be an issue as in general they seem to be re-furbished rather than replaced?

Cheers!

When i was looking I decided I wanted a c4 for the safety aspect. However a good c2 turned up and i ended up buying that instead. The level of grip in a c2 is unbelievable, you really have to be stupid in it to get the back out.

I've never heard of a 964 having an engine replaced as they tend to be made from granite, but many have had rebuilds and this is nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't be too worried with a new engine, even if that was actually the case

C2 and C4's have a lot of grip and it is claimed that most folk can't tell the difference

I had the chance to drive a 964C4 this past summer. It was absolutely fantastic... definitely older school 911, but it was a delight down back roads and country lanes. In the rain (actually it was thundering and seemingly like a tropical rainstorm at the time), the 964C4 was planted and felt very reassuring... I'd say even more so than the 993C4 which I previously owned.

I really like the 964.

Cheers for all your advice chaps ... hoping to have a look at a few this weekend!

James

DocT said:
Guys!

From my perspective, I'd always hankered after a C2, but there seems to be alot more C4's out there which would help in sourcing a car! Is there really that much of a difference - or will be almost impossible to notice on anything other than a track??

You'll notice the difference. You'll either prefer one or the other.

Ian.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back