Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

powerflex bushes

Superunknown

Spa-Francorchamps
I had an advisory in my last MOT stating that "nearside front bush suspension arm rubber mounting deteriorated" Same for offside.

Im planning on replacing my shocks in the next few months and was wondering if this will fix the advisory notice:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk

Anyone have experience of these and is this a fair price?

not yet - but i'm tempted by a set before my geo...

but - powerflex can be a pain to fit, well not fit, just to remove the old ones...

not sure whether this is the case on a 911 though

The eBay price seems pretty reasonable considering it includes the ARB bushes too. You need to make sure of the sizes you have fitted though.

What it doesn't say in the advert is that the removal of the original Porsche bushes is an absolute PITA. The original bushes are bonded into the wishbone are are NOT designed to be replaced. If you are going to do the work yourself the Powerflex bushes do, apparently, give a slightly more solid feel but if you are paying someone to do the change you will not save as much money as you think since the work involved in removing the old ones is considerably more than just replacing the wishbones complete.

If you ARE doing the work yourself a good plan is to get hold of some old wishbones and change the bushes prior to getting the car in the air - it means you have more time to faff about with the removal before being car-less.

Good luck.

Regards

Dave

I wouldnt be doing them myself, was going to get my mech to change them at the same time as putting new shocks in.

What is the standard size for a 91 c2? I would hope that powerflex would have some info on that tho...

you have to weight up the time & cost of taking off the wishbone and getting the old rubber out and fitting the new bush verses the costs of just getting a new set of wishbones, although the powerflex bushes are better and last much much longer

What are the FRONT & REAR ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNTs like to replace?

Superunknown said:
What are the FRONT & REAR ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNTs like to replace?

based on a 993, when I changed the anti-roll Bars not that hard at all, although we had to IIRC unscrew the Wishbone mount to get it all in place

so if it's just the mounts, should be a lot easier, access was the only issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back