Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Facelifted 997 Targa Spotted

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
This prototype of Porsche's 2008-model 997 Targa has been spotted during testing. It is expected that the facelift 997 range will make its official public debut very soon !

997-2-a.jpg

997-2-b.jpg

997-2-c.jpg

997-2-d.jpg

997-2-e.jpg

997-2-f.jpg

997-2-g.jpg

I for one quite like the rear lights (am I the only one?)

Apart from that, what other differences are there? Any engine upgrades?

JayK said:
Apart from that, what other differences are there? Any engine upgrades?

I think they have the direct injection technology as intro'd on the new Cayenne... should be better power/torque, fewer emissions, mor economical...

anyone know when it will be released in the UK (facelift Targa/facelift C2)?

I read 2008 model year, so does that mean anything shipped after Jan 1st?

It seems the 996 values are going to be forced even lower once the facelift 997 has been released. I remember a thread a while ago about early 996's going for as little as £13k. I didnt' think I could see it happening, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm picturing the Max Power brigade doing donuts in my local Tesco car park on Saturday nights in a 996. It's on the cards isn't it?

i doubt it - chav's wont care what model porsche - so long as its a porsche - they could quite easily pickup a older 911 for peanuts - if they had the brains to look...

that said - for 13k i'd buy one just to batter around in rather than the van...

Rear PU isn't very nice - nor are the exhausts - too close together for a start.

I think that's horrible! Sorry folks, but not for me - might be the colour, or the chrome trim or something, but reminds me of a Crossfire :shock:

Chrome trim looks awesome in the flesh.

I saw a white one on holiday and it's the first time I've seen a 911 since the SC that can carry it off.

I agree about the lights, definitely worse than the current model.

Jamie said:
Still not sure about those rear lights...

Looks like tape to me...so maybe not that different to the current one except they will be LED's.

GD said:
anyone know when it will be released in the UK (facelift Targa/facelift C2)?

I read 2008 model year, so does that mean anything shipped after Jan 1st?

No that early.

The updates will not come on stream until 2009 model year so July 2008 production for September '58 plate deliveries.

Changes that I know of so far are;

Rear lights to LED type
Direct injection
PDK/DSG gearbox to replace Tiptronic (at last!!)
Bluetooth telephone prep (at long last!!)
Navigation module to be made standard-but with an increase to cover all the cost!
Minor trim changes
New colours added

The 998 however will be along for the year after-so 2010 model year/2009 delivery-or the year after those.

Gareth

Completely agree with Wattie. In those pics, from one angle it looks like a Crossfire, and from another (the rear) it looks like a beetle. The chrome reminds me of a bling OTT Bentley (for people who own oilfields or really dont have taste). Bum to that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back