Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

advice needed....

Nik

Hi all... new to the 997 forum but been on the 993 forum for awhile...

been offered a 997 c2 (2004/54) with about 22k miles... car has a good colour combination but not super high spec (no phone/nav/roof/etc)... in fact, relatively basic car...

The seller is asking for offers above 40k.... any views on whether it is good value at that sort of price ?

Any thoughts appreciated! thanks

I the 996 is anything to go by, they lost abut £1,000 a month for the first 2 years, so a basic, no extras 997 would be high 30's now. The big thing with all of the Porsches is that the extras help you to sell the car - they don't add to its value. If you look around, especially at the indies, you will probably find a better spec at the same price.

The other thing to consider is that a Porsche commands a better price in Spring and Summer than it does in Autumn and Winter. If you can wait, it's better to buy in winter.

Thanks very much - appreciate the feedback! Friend of mine bought a 996 C4S Manual for 40k recently... 52 plate with 20k on the clock..

Made me think that 40 for a 997 C2 Tip seems about right... car is not v highly spec'd though, so resale in a few years may be an issue... Looking on the OPC used car locator, 997s with similar mileage are all above £48k...

Nik said:
Thanks very much - appreciate the feedback! Friend of mine bought a 996 C4S Manual for 40k recently... 52 plate with 20k on the clock..

Made me think that 40 for a 997 C2 Tip seems about right... car is not v highly spec'd though, so resale in a few years may be an issue... Looking on the OPC used car locator, 997s with similar mileage are all above £48k...

Sounds about the right difference in price between an OPC and private sale on something that new IMO - when I bought mine the local OPC wanted another £8.5K and I wasn't bothered since mine was still under the manufacturers original warranty.

Does te 9997 have the extended warranty with it (brings some piece of mind) ?

Thanks for the feedback Jamie

dont work @ CS but may be the same car ? car is up in norfolk if that helps ?

was due to have the car inspected... but better make sure it isn't already sold!?

Car doesn't have extended warranty and have contacted Peter Morgan re the PPI but open to any other recommendations.

To me it sounds like a cheap car but if you want to spend 40k i think a 996 c4s would be a better buy.

I agree with Vince to a degree. Whilst I am a really big fan of the 997 I would probably rather have a high spec late 996 C4S than a same mileage early C2 basic spec.

Jamie said:
I agree with Vince to a degree. Whilst I am a really big fan of the 997 I would probably rather have a high spec late 996 C4S than a same mileage early C2 basic spec.

Jamie

You sure about that, talking residually I would have thought 997 would do better

Why not consider this one!

Its my 997 3.8 c2s, it's CAT D, I had it repaired, no jig work, just panels, all of em!!! I love it but I have a 2005 996 GT3 coming in 4 weeks so 1 of them has to go, it has PCM and that is a OEM aero kit.

Attachments

• 5238001_875.jpg
    5238001_875.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,015
  • 5238001_875.jpg
    5238001_875.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,015
I'd concour with Jamie and go for a late fully-loaded 996 C4S than a basic spec 997. The C4S will be easier to sell on afterwards, has the strongest residuals in the 996 range (more so than dare I say it, a basic 997). Most people who buy 997's, I would have thought, look for sat-nav as it's basically a £60k odd car they are buying in the first place and would expect that to be a feature of the car.

~ Maxie

Don't forget the PCM nav module can be easily added to the 997 if it wasn't factory fitted. If the 997 is cheap enough (and a sound car) the adding of the nav module helps to bring value back into the equation.

Personally I'd go for the newer car every time 8)

Gareth Williams said:
Don't forget the PCM nav module can be easily added to the 997 if it wasn't factory fitted. If the 997 is cheap enough (and a sound car) the adding of the nav module helps to bring value back into the equation.

Personally I'd go for the newer car every time 8)

So would I generally however comes down to budget and whether you have any style. Can't beat a well spec'd C4S for the money over a poverty spec C2. If I were looking at early 40's budget it would be my firm choice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back