Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What would you change / improve on a 997 i.e. your 998......

Jamie_G

Just noticed that the 998 forum didn't attract much interest, think about it a different way, what do Porsche need to change / improve besides styling.

I'll start with a few:

* Improved PCM, maybe touch screen to eliminate buttons and enlarge screen.
* better navigation software + speed camera locations
* less sensitive boot opener on key / better designed or foldable key

Jamie, i think there is a fix for the sensitive key thing of you take it to the OPC.

Haran,

Thanks, will check it out. Now what would you like to see on the next generation or improvement from 996&997

an interesting question

"Head up display" a la BMW M5

More design...forward looking please (note ownership in VW, would be useful to ask Audi designers about the tactile feel of dashboard swicthes!)

911UK said:
an interesting question

"Head up display" a la BMW M5

More design...forward looking please (note ownership in VW, would be useful to ask Audi designers about the tactile feel of dashboard swicthes!)

Couldn't agree more!

Good thread...

Don't go changing the basic idea- I love the 6 cylinder rear engined combo, and the compact 2+2 format.

I'd like to see
- rear hatch on the coupe, like Targa
- keyless entry and go with a starter button
- Decent six speed tip/DSG
- Head-up display
- A bit more glamour/design flair

Edit- Jamie- the boot opener on my 996 only works after you've held it down for about a second, to avoid accidental opening. Maybe yours can be changed.

Heads up is a must, good one.

Someone suggested on PCGB that it could be in combo with Sports Chrono and activates as standard when in sports mode.

I certinaly think I will skip the 997 and would only upgrade to a 998 GT3 (RS). Would also love to say I could afford to keep my 996GT3 by then too.

Likes would be:

DSG
Head-up
Better data logging in the Sports Chrono
electronically adjustable rear wing
better Stereo/satnav a must

Less weight, more power, better handling, that'll do for me.

Max

- LED lights, and some design flair for the rear lights
- Touch screen satnav
- SD card satnav, to remove the weight and bulk of the DVD system
- Ipod connection
- not get any bigger; the 997 looks huge next to a 964
- some effort into weight reduction. (lighter seats, composite recliners, more use of composite materials generally)
-

1200kg
More mid engine justified
Smaller dimensions
A greater speed sensation at lower speeds

Judging by the figures set by the new 430 scuderia, 1100kg needs to be the target, and 60-70 hp up on the 997 GT3, a tall order with modern safety standards.

Max

Body shape.

After the 993 the 911 lost some of its good looks; the roof line flattened and the back end lenthened. If Porsche could trim the tail slightly, and perhaps the front just a tad, I think it would re-introduce the beauty of the original 911 shape.

Manks

After driving the loan 911 997 C2S, I would say the the next 911 (standard spec) needs to have better Brakes !

Daniel said:
After driving the loan 911 997 C2S, I would say the the next 911 (standard spec) needs to have better Brakes !

The pads are probably glazed. The 997C2S brakes are the same as on the 996 C4S/Turbo and they are more than up to the job.....after all Porsche put them on the Mk1 GT3 ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back