Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seeing other 964s

Boxsey

The thing about driving our own cars is that we never get to see what others see. :(

However tonight I was tootling home from work (in the daily driver) when blow me down I was passed by a white 964 that clearly had the driver's foot buried in the carpet :D . Beautiful sight and gorgeous sound 8) .

I now know what a pleasure it is for others when they see my car hooning it, out and about :D

p.s. it was on the A556 in Cheshire - anyone here?

8) I took my Supersport back up to my Dads garage last night and my wife followed me up there. She said on the way back that she couldn't believe how many heads it turned.

When my wife is following me if we take both cars to work, she regularly comments that a lot of people stare at the car - I never seem to notice it.

Must admit when the wife drives it though, I can't help but stare (and pray that she doesn't hit a kerb or something!)

On my travels to Manchester on saturday, I passed a nice 964 on the M6 (with the bonnet not shut properly) & the guy waved which was nice, then when I was in Chelford, I saw another 964 (burgundy) & we acknowledged each other. Always nice to see cars & people who respect each other.

I was following my wife as she drove the 996tt home the other day and was disgruntled to see how much admiration she was getting.

She says she didn't notice!!

There is someone in my town who has the same shape and colour as me and everytime I see him I think "Cool, that's what I must look like". I'm in Hinckley, Leicestershire BTW and the other 964 is a G reg LHD. Not sure if you're on here.

Every 911 I see makes me want to drive faster and also glad that the wife never says "The Porsche or me?".

BEN C4 said:
Every 911 I see makes me want to drive faster and also glad that the wife never says "The Porsche or me?".

You'd probably miss her after a while but you'd miss the Porsche instantly :lol:

i only ever see 964's when i'm in the van :( flashing them doesnt quite have the same effect...

not that many on the roads near me...

Ah, but Fraser is back so might see a black one darting about. :wink:

nicola said:
not that many on the roads near me...

Ah, but Fraser is back so might see a black one darting about. :wink:

Didn't know he had a proper car as well as the 968, or has he grown up?

He's had it for a few months...

It isn't a patch on the 968 though.

Good car and much quicker than Tara. :cry:

nicola said:
He's had it for a few months...

It isn't a patch on the 968 though.

Good car and much quicker than Tara. :cry:

968 is just a glorified Cortina though - front engine, rear wheel drive. It may be quick - especially with the blower - but it's not the same. :D

agreed - i nearly bought a CS on an M plate before the other 911...

once i drove the 911 - even though it was 21 years old, and not 12, i still never looked back...

Before buying mine Fraser was kind enough to take me for back to back drives in both the 968 and 964 :D

It was an easy decision which one to go for after that :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back