Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S for $90,000

Rikyy

On Holiday in FLorida at the moment so decided to price up a 997.

A 997C2S, Standard colour, leather sports seats, sports exhaust, sports crono and a few other bits and pieces workrd out at $90,050. Thats £45,000 at todays exchange rate.

Why do we have to pay rip off price in the UK when in the US you can get one for much less.

I havnt priced the same car on the UK website, but i guess it would be close to £75000.

and dont they get a 4 year warranty :shock:

even with that price they still make a nice wedge :!:

:shock: That is just shocking.

Go on, wing a letter off to Porsche GB or one of the Porsche mags, and see what they have to say. They'd probably bleat on about RHD costs, and different options, but I can't imagine that'd account for £25k

Just a thought- does the US price include tax?

Would have been £60K a few years ago though. I have always wondered how Porsche Price in the states with fluctuating exchange rates.

So Poo said:
Would have been £60K a few years ago though. I have always wondered how Porsche Price in the states with fluctuating exchange rates.

I think Porsche take it on the chin, but will attempt to hedge the currency risk to a certain extent, but you'd think they'd have to put the prices up soon.

I guess that's why the US are happy to see the $ depreciate- makes US buyers more likely to buy domestically produced goods. Corvette anyone?

[quote="Robertb" Corvette anyone?[/quote]

No thanks :!:

Get a rented address out there, buy a 911, keep it in a garage for 6 months then ship it to the UK free of import duty and VAT. You'll have a 6 month old car with delivery miles in the UK for £45k + £1k shipping.

Simon W said:
Get a rented address out there, buy a 911, keep it in a garage for 6 months then ship it to the UK free of import duty and VAT. You'll have a 6 month old car with delivery miles in the UK for £45k + £1k shipping.

I have my own house in FLorida so hqave the address and the garage. I just need the $90,000

Rikyy said:
Why do we have to pay rip off price in the UK when in the US you can get one for much less.

Cars in the UK are actually quite cheap.

Not cheaper than the USA I agree, but a lot cheaper than most other countries.

Take the Far East for example. A 997 is close to £170,000 and thats not brand new, and a bank manager there would probably be on £18,000 a year. Fresh graduate job pays around £3-4 k per year.

Even a used Boxster is around £60,000.

A Focus would cost you £20k. A BMW 645Ci is around £120,000.

Andthe lower cost of living doesnt make a difference when you're only on around £15,000 a year and you want to buy a 997 for £170k.

Click on Used Cars in Malaysia. The Boxster there only has around 100 miles on it but costs £77,000

http://www.porsche.com/pap/_malaysia_/aboutporsche/importers/

Convert here

www.xe.com/ucc

Still think the UK is extortionate?

JayK

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back