Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiler curtain

Superunknown

After the oil temp getting extremely high at the end of my track session, I though something must be wrong somewhere. Then i realised something was missing....

spoilerwall.jpg

Has anyone got a pic of the curtain in place?? Just checked and the part is £54 :shock:

Don't have a pic that you can make out the detail on. It's a flexible black plastic thing - if it's split/missing, has a big effect on engine cooling. I replaced one last weekend - it only took about 5 minutes, just clips into place - clip the top edge in first, it's much easier that way.

I got it from my OPC - think I called them on the Wednesday to order, they had it ready for collection by the weekend. Part no 964.512.121.00, £56.60 + VAT (less 10% PCGB discount)

This was as close as I could get from memory of your original pic.

IMGP0722.jpg

Oh dear - mine doesn't look quite like that. I think part of mine has disappeared!

Seagull - can you confirm that the spoiler curtain is supposed to extend all the way up to the spoiler and should join on to it?

cheers

John

Seagull, thats just what I was looking for, thanks very much!! Just confirmed what I thought, that the entire part is missing. Wasnt really sure what the curtain looked like extended either, but I do now! Guess I'll be on the phone to the parts dept. later...

Johno, Think I may have the same problem. The bottom part appears to be there on my C2 but the flexible top part is missing leaving a gap of about 3ish inches between the top of the curtain and the spoiler.

The spoiler curtain is all a single part. If you have a gap you've got a bit missing. It should extend all the way to the spoiler - no gaps.

The classic failure is that it splits at the point where it folds. It's only a fairly feeble plastic "hinge" and the constant up/down weakens it at that point. Once it's broken the top bit will just stay up by the spoiler and will not be very obvious until you remove it.

Regards

Dave

Dave is right. In fact, in Super's photo, you can see the part which attaches to the spoiler, hanging down at an angle.

Thanks for all the input. Mine appears to be missing 1-2" at the top, and you're right, it looks like it's broken off along one of the folds. I haven't had any temperature problems and to be honest, I don't think I would ever have looked at it had Super not posted this thread.

I've got something else to add to the list of things to do (which is starting to get longer and longer!) :roll:

I guess it's like any older plastic. With age and heat they get brittle and a flexible joint like the 2 we have is bound to be the first point of failure. what's the solution? - raise the spoiler manually and leave it like that for the entire journey?

what... just raise it and leave it,

No way, the only reason I got this car was for the flappy up and downy bit at the back

and the real bummer of course is that you never see your own working in anger, or should I say in perfect harmony with your driving skills...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back