Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 TT Oil consumption?

4rotor

Hi all,

Just a general question - do the TT's consume much oil? I'm keeping an eye on mine (but I've only had it a few weeks).

Main reaso'n I'm asking is that I came from an E60 M5 - and the oil consumption was VERY heavy.

Thanks all!

4rotor said:
Hi all,

Just a general question - do the TT's consume much oil? I'm keeping an eye on mine (but I've only had it a few weeks).

Main reaso'n I'm asking is that I came from an E60 M5 - and the oil consumption was VERY heavy.

Thanks all!

Geenral consensus appears to be that the newer 911's are very light on oil. As an example despite 7 trackdays & 6000 miles since last service my oil level has not moved

they will east some but 911 oil consumption is generally very reasonable

give it a few thousand when the engine is run in

Maybe mine knackered then... :?

Using about 1ltr per 1500miles at the moment, but it is slowing up a bit now (the oil usage that is)
996TT used to use 1ltr per 3000 miles.

Dry sumped car do use more oil than a wet (I don't know why)
Could be worse, it could be similar to a RX8 which thinks its a 2stroke with oil consumption... :lol:

garyw

IIRC, Porsche say anything up to 1 litre per 1,000 miles is normal in a wet sumped car, so it doesn't seem bad to me with a dry sump and a brand new engine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back