Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question about the Turbo in Bad Boys Movie...

tazsura

Hi guys,

Was watching the Bad Boys DVD the other day, wishing i owned his Porsche...and noticed the seats in the car. They had the Porsche badge embossed on the headrests. Was this only available on that model?

Cheerz!

Taz :arrow:

Hi,

I saw those as well. I think the embossed headrests are a factory option available on all models.

Someone will probably supply the option number soon :)

I thought they might be. I just havn't seen any in the classifieds that i've been browsing through (C2 and C4), so thought they just might be reserved for the Turbo...which is, unfortunately, out of my budget reach!

Taz :oops:

If you watch the film again you will see in the film one minute they are there and the next they are not .It was the directors car that was used for the film .

SEE YA

Oh yeh, i know there are loads of mistakes with regards to the car. They actually used two when filming. In one shot, there are RUF badges on the wheels, diff reg plates etc.

But, if it was there in one shot, does that mean it was indeed a factory option...or was it custom done by the owner of the car?

Taz :shock:

I would think a custom job or a time of purchase he asked for it?.

SEE YA

David Knight said:
Hi,

I saw those as well. I think the embossed headrests are a factory option available on all models.

Wot he said!

I think they look good, and wanted them on mine, but when buying 'pre-enjoyed' you can't have everything and it can't be done retrospectively so I've been told.

uuf361 said:
David Knight said:
Hi,

Wot he said!

I think they look good, and wanted them on mine, but when buying 'pre-enjoyed' you can't have everything and it can't be done retrospectively so I've been told.

Southbound Trimmers can re-upholster any Porsche seat and put the crest on.

PolarExpress said:
uuf361 said:
David Knight said:
Hi,

Wot he said!

Southbound Trimmers can re-upholster any Porsche seat and put the crest on.

Really ? That sounds like a hugely expensive job though ?

I once remember driving a 87' Carrera which had them - I think it was an aniversary model (25?).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back