Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Types of seats in the 964....

tazsura

Hi guys, question time again! (Sorry!)

:?: Question No. 136 - Are there different types of seats in the 964 C2/C4 other than just part electric and full electric adjustment? Sports seat? Comfort seats?

Which are the most common?

Lol..many thnks again!

Taz

You can get either comfort seats or sports seats. Full or part electric! The sports seats are the dogs danglies!

Nice one. How can you tell the difference..are the Sports seats just more heavily bolstered and contoured?

Were many C2/C4's specced with this option?

Taz :arrow:

Dont know how many were specced but the sports seats are heavily bolstered.

When I was searching a lot seemed to have them. Unfortunately the one I bought didn't have them :( which sort of, in a way, proved that I bought on condition. I also noted that many of the sports seat bolsters had very nasty cracks in the leather and would need refurbing.

Anyway, both sports and comfort are big heavy seats, so I'll replace them with lighter jobbies next year 8)

Ok. Cool. Yeh, i would expect greater cracking on the sports seats. There was an article on refurbing seats in Total 911 this month. Costs about £250 but the seats came out a real treat.

Hi... I am new here... me and my brother just bought a 964 3.6 turbo in Thailand (after not having a 911 in the house for 3 years). It comes with sport seats, so I would like to tell you that in my opinion it's good for the driver but for the passenger, the side bolster can get in the way of your arms. I don't feel comfortable as a passenger but love it as a driver.

tazsura said:
Ok. Cool. Yeh, i would expect greater cracking on the sports seats. There was an article on refurbing seats in Total 911 this month. Costs about £250 but the seats came out a real treat.

I've got the sport seats in mine and just had them restored after seeing the photo's from that article. With the piping that needed replacing and the seat fly redoing, came to £340 inc VAT. They did a really good job, I'd definitely recommend them! Once I get the car back later this week, I'll post photo's.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back