Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Option Codes

GD

Barcelona
Hi,

I'm just off to look at a Targa. Can someone please quickly remind me where the option codes are printed? Are they under the bonnet?

Thanks.

And inside the front cover of the service book - and of course that one should be the same as the one under the bonnet!!!

If not - RUN AWAY!!!!

I've decided to walk away from this one, as it didn't seem quite right.

The dealer had been using the car himself, but it was generally a little bit untidy and scruffy on the inside.

Also, I think the nose had been resprayed as there were small amounts of overspray on the lining between the bumper and the lights. I don't mind the nose being resprayed, as I know they are prone to stone chips......but;

..this plastic wasn't flush in places, which makes me suspect that the car might have had a small front end shunt (or the respray was a cheap job).

The thing that most worried me the most was that this 2002 model had its last (minor) service in October *2005* (21,000 miles - 32k service), but he said that Porsche had told him it didn't need its major service until October 2007 (where it will be 35,000+ miles), so a 2 year gap.

I didn't think that was right at all, because 2 year/24,000 mile servicing didn't come in until MY2004.

The OPC warranty had been extended (runs out October), which got me very tempted, but I'm not comfortable paying £35-40,000 for something that hasn't been serviced for 2 years.

Also, the next service is a 48k major (sparks as well), so that's another £1000 as well.

Quite well spec'd:
C16
XME
XRL
X46
X54
X70
X98
...I'll run these through the translator, once I find the URL

+ it had had GT3 side skirts fitted (that weren't quite flush with the bodywork (on both sides) near the rear tyre - about 2/3mm gaps (not sure if this is normal, but I doubt it) and also had stainless steel dual pipes, which looked very nice and the rear tyres needed replacing.

Oh finally, the alloys were quite curbed and needed repairing.

Any comments?

Interesting, so it does seem that the GT3 side skirts have been retrofitted (not very well) + the exhaust.

Anyone know what the Martini Lateral stripes are???

Code Option Description
249 Automatic transmission
425 Rear wiper
432 Sports steering wheel, leather 363mm (4 spokes)
432 Lateral stripes, Martini [1978-1982]
446 Parts for type "Targa" belonging to stipulated assembly
446 996: Colored Wheel Crests
476 996: Traction control
476 Brake pad with abrasive pad
490 Hi-Fi sound system
567 Windshield green graduated tint
C16 UK LUX spec: tinted windows, metallic paint, and a few other goodies.
X46 Aluminum Tiptronic Shifter
X54 Oval Chrome Exhaust Pipes
X70 Metal Door Sill with Insignia
X98 Aluminium/leather parking break handle

I think you might find the Warranty might not be worth naything as Porsche require the service history to within tolerances. Not sure this one would count!

Overspray is very bad too.

432 is steering wheel with tiptronic control - hadn't noticed you netion it was a tip.

PM me if you want a better list of the option codes.

Guildforddad said:
Interesting, so it does seem that the GT3 side skirts have been retrofitted (not very well) + the exhaust.

Anyone know what the Martini Lateral stripes are???

Code Option Description
249 Automatic transmission
425 Rear wiper
432 Sports steering wheel, leather 363mm (4 spokes)
432 Lateral stripes, Martini [1978-1982]
446 Parts for type "Targa" belonging to stipulated assembly
446 996: Colored Wheel Crests
476 996: Traction control
476 Brake pad with abrasive pad
490 Hi-Fi sound system
567 Windshield green graduated tint
C16 UK LUX spec: tinted windows, metallic paint, and a few other goodies.
X46 Aluminum Tiptronic Shifter
X54 Oval Chrome Exhaust Pipes
X70 Metal Door Sill with Insignia
X98 Aluminium/leather parking break handle

I thought that the facelift models steering wheels were 3 spoke, not 4 spoke?

That's interesting, I didn't notice the 4 spoke wheel in the options. It was definately a 3-spoke sports steering wheel in blue (it had blue leather interior), maybe they retro-fitted that as well.

On reflection, I'm convinced I've done the right thing as something's not right here.

So I take it from your reply about the warranty, that it's still 12months/12,000 miles service intervals. Bad putting off the 48k service, but suspect the previous owner was trying to avoid a large bill.

Some of the codes get reused after a while, hence the Martini Stripes - don't know what it is these days though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baltic928GT
Back